Marinating Baby Back Ribs before Smoking....

Rick Reynolds

TVWBB Super Fan
Alright, I guess I am bit lazy and could have looked it up in the archives but am curious. I have had my WSM for a year now. I've done the turkey, chicken, pork butt, venison (Deer to us redneck types), Beef ribs, and Baby back ribs.
My favorite is Baby Back Ribs. I have been doing the dry rub thing and cooking for 4 to 5 hours and then smothering with my favorite sauce wrapped in foil for an hour.
This weekend I decided to try something different and marinate the ribs overnight with A-1 New Orleans Cajun Marinade. I know, a store bought marinade and if you haven't tried it yet give it one. Me and my wife loved the ribs better than it being done with rub. I was wondering if anyone else is marinating their ribs before smoking and what you are using???

You bet. What the flavorings are depends. I really like some spicy mexican marinades with Chile De Arbols. Also there are some good sweet asian marinades kicking around and my all time favorite Mojo.

I marinate ribs about 25% and then usually put a paste on them when they go in the smoker. I'm never dissapointed either.

Clark

Back