Marinated Fire Roasted Veggie Sandwich on Ciabatta

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
Everyone at the Wolfe house wanted something different for dinner, we could not decide on one thing. As usual my wife wanted her Friday night steak (she lives in a box), Cathryn wanted a chicken sandwich and sticking with my new healthy eating lifestyle I decided on a Marinated Fire Roasted Vegetable Sandwich on Ciabatta bread which consisted of eggplant, portabella mushroom, red bell pepper, red onion and zucchini.

Nice thick NY Strip seasoned with salt and pepper for the Mrs.
IMG_5562.jpg

Chicken breast seasoned with EVOO and Wolfe Rub Citrus for Cathryn
IMG_5563.jpg

And the vegetables for me, marinated in EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, garlic and S&P.
IMG_5564.jpg

The meats hit the grill first.
IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

Then the mushrooms and onions.
IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5574.jpg

Finally the eggplant.
IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

Couple more minutes and it will be time for dinner.
IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

Real quick toasting for the ciabatta.
IMG_5587.jpg

Dinner is ready!
IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

Time to build the sandwich. Started off with Feta Cheese.
IMG_5595.jpg

Portabella Mushroom
IMG_5598.jpg

Eggplant and more Feta.
IMG_5599.jpg

Onions, peppers and a little more Feta.
IMG_5600.jpg

Last but not least a thin sliced tomato that was marinated in balsamic vinegar and S&P.
IMG_5602.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5612.jpg

I am gonna go ahead and toot my own horn, this sandwich was freaking incredible! An absolute must try!

I don't know about you Larry, your title sets us up for a veggie cook, and then 1st pic out of the box hits us with a steak?

As usual, everything looks outstanding!
My jaws hurt just thinkin' about trying to get a bite of that sammie
icon_biggrin.gif

Wow Larry. Normally, I can't picture a sandwich without meat. But that veggie creation looks ridiculously good!

Larry, not many people can get me excited about vegetables like you do. It's a little before 10 am in the morning and I'm literally drooling looking at the pic of that sandwitch!

You are really opening my eyes to over-the-top, very enjoyable, healthy food. Thank you, and keep it coming.

awesome lookin grub as usual. but that eggplant has to go. my wife loves the stuff but my taste buds reject it unconditionally !

Gotta agree with the others...normally a veggie sammy would interest me in the least but that looks off the charts good!

Well done...as usual!!

Back