Marinaded pork loin

Nice. What was your marinade?

For pork loin, I've settled on just dry brine for several hours, then hitting with something like Montreal Steak Seasoning, then rotisserie on the kettle with some cherry and apple wood for smoke.

The dry brine has been the only way I found to get much flavor out of it beyond the surface seasoning.

Nice. What was your marinade?

For pork loin, I've settled on just dry brine for several hours, then hitting with something like Montreal Steak Seasoning, then rotisserie on the kettle with some cherry and apple wood for smoke.

The dry brine has been the only way I found to get much flavor out of it beyond the surface seasoning.

INGREDIENTS​

½ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon garlic chile paste
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame oil

6 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick

DIRECTIONS​

In a shallow container, mix together orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, orange zest, garlic, chile paste, sesame oil, and salt. Add pork chops, and turn to coat evenly. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Turn the pork chops in the marinade occasionally.
Preheat grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Grill pork chops for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.

Recipe is from Allrecipes.com

Hi Mark, thank you for the recipe. Does the recipe have a name? It helps when filing them.

Hi Mark, I've been filing away the recipes we made last month and I came across yours. It looks like we made it 8/13, but I never posted that we did. So sorry about that. Well, we did make it and it got a VERY GOOD rating from the both of us. So, thank you once again for sharing the recipe. I'm sure we will be repeating it often. ;)

Looks great Mark. Guess what we are having for dinner tonight... yep marinated pork steak. Going the easy way tonight had to take Barb to the eye doctor they discovered she had a detached retinal, not a good thing and got home a little late to start a homemade marinade.
So I'm using Trade Joes teriyaki marinade.
Oh and thanks for posting the recipe. I'll add that one to my collection.

Hi Mark, I've been filing away the recipes we made last month and I came across yours. It looks like we made it 8/13, but I never posted that we did. So sorry about that. Well, we did make it and it got a VERY GOOD rating from the both of us. So, thank you once again for sharing the recipe. I'm sure we will be repeating it often. ;)
That's funny Joan I copied it to Word and when I went to save it Word said I already had it. But we haven't tried it yet.

Looks great Mark. Guess what we are having for dinner tonight... yep marinated pork steak. Going the easy way tonight had to take Barb to the eye doctor they discovered she had a detached retinal, not a good thing and got home a little late to start a homemade marinade.
So I'm using Trade Joes teriyaki marinade.
Oh and thanks for posting the recipe. I'll add that one to my collection.
Rich, please tell Barb I am sorry about her eye trouble. Hope everything works out fine.

Enjoy your dinner. DH is slaving away making something new to us. Butternut Squash and Bacon Lasagna:rolleyes: lol

Back