Manifold valve question

Won’t work. Will have to send pic of exactly what I mean. The extension is not screwed into the manifold. It is part of the metal mold

I just realized what you meant,,, Didn't have my glasses before I thought the piece was molded to the tubing. Anyway, I used incremental drill sizes to get old piece out. The only problem is debris getting into the tube while I drilled, and, more importantly how well would new one screw in. The new manifold would be a larger sweep and they are also sending me the new control panel This for $80. Maybe shouldn't take a chance with something like a manifold. What do you think/ Thanks George

Sorry I must have written it wrong. I meant I have heard about people stripping the screws. Mine are not stripped. Haven’t done the work yet but both screws in the first valve were easy to turn. Bought some CRC brake/caliper lube and brake cleaner at auto zone. Dame lube is expensive. Gonna try another auto shop down the street. At the gym now so will do stuff when I get home. The CRC has moly, orders and graphite and can take 609 degrees

I meant to reply to this earlier the valve screws on at least the 1000 and silvers are not a #2 Philips head they are a #1 which is smaller trust me stripped one on the silver luckily that valve turns fine but it could have been avoided stumbled upon the bit size somewhere. Most people only have #2 bits I had a kit which had the #1 but you can buy them not a whole lot of money.

Back