Making Custom Rib Racks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff, I went back to my freezer and measured all (6) 2-slab packages of ribs. My earlier measurements were from the set that was by far the heaviest at 13.6 pounds. By the way, I measured from midpoint of one end to midpoint of the other end. However, today I looked at all 6 packages and the largest in terms of length and width was a set that measured 9-3/4" high x 19-3/4" long! However, this set was much thinner, just a shade over 2 inches! It also was the next to lightest set at only 10.6 pounds. Go figure! Sorry for the confusion and slow response time
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks Wayne.

No problem on the time thing. I have since changed my mind on part of the design so dimensions aren't as critical now.

I found someone to bend the metal for me or so he thinks. I am a hopin it will work out. Now I just have to get some time to go pick up the aluminum. Going to cost $25. That is going to be about 8 foot more than I need though. I guess I will have a head start on my second one if it works out well.
icon_biggrin.gif

It should hold 5 slabs. My current holds 6 but that is packing them in there. The end slabs have to wrap around the sides and usually end up touching the sides. Right where all of that heat is comming up. I think that is a trade I can deal with. I am thinking about getting another WSM anyhow. Or should I say put one on the list.
icon_wink.gif
Ho ho ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back