Magic Steak Dip (beef marinade)

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
This recipe is found on several websites.
I made a smaller batch, and we really like it.

Magic Steak Dip recipe

1 (20 ounce) bottle good-quality soy sauce
1 (10 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
1 (10 ounce) bottle A-1 Steak Sauce
1 (10 ounce) bottle Heinz 57 Sauce
1 pound light brown sugar
2 teaspoons granulated garlic or garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup prepared mustard
2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Mix all ingredients in a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Whisk until well blended. Store in tightly sealed jars in the refrigerator.

To use, pour a small amount of the dip in a nonporous baking dish and dip the steaks in it, coating both sides well. Marinate for about 30 minutes before cooking, turning often. Grill or broil to desired degree of doneness.

I can't even begin to speculat what this would taste like with all those flavorful ingredients, but it does look good. Was 30 min enough time to marinate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Was 30 min enough time to marinate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jeff,
It was plenty for the little chuck-eye steak I tried it on.
I'm thinking about using it on larger cuts, maybe a tri-tip, brisket, or large sirloin.

Hey Bob, not to try to steer this thread of course but where do you get tri tip in St. Louis???

Paul,
They have started to show up in various grocery stores.
I'm not sure if all Schnuck's stores butchers will cut them for you, but the the one in Arnold, MO will.
Costco has them, again.
Karsch's grocery in Imperial usually has some.
Food For Less in Fenton did have them, not sure if they do now.
I've found them at Matekers Meat.

Prices have ranged from $3.99/lb. to $7.99/lb.
Not sure if you make it out this way, but I can drop you a line if I find a good sale.

This dip seems like something I would want to try....Sorry to bring up an old post....Bob, how was the taste of this sauce/Dip....Are you still useing it?????

Hi Dwight,
We liked it fine, but I only made the one batch.
I'm a sucker to try new found things, but also lazy, and buying/gathering everything to make it was labor intensive.:)

Perhaps make a smaller batch to see if you like it.

Back