Lump ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chet:

You're too big for a Laser and I'm too small. At 5'8" and 155 pounds I can't keep a Laser flat upwind if it's blowing over 10 knots. If if you know anything about sailing dinghies upwind, you know if you're not flat you've got so much helm going on that you might as well be dragging a 2x4 in the water!

I loved the C-15, but when my regular crew took off to college, with different crew every week I started to go from consistent 3 - 5 in the A fleet to consistent 7 - 10 and my competitive nature didn't have the patience for that. Especially considering my motorcycle roadracing days when I was a top 4 - 7 guy on a national level on my TZ750.

Let me know how Belize goes. I've been thinking about going there, but I have to admit I'm sort of a tradionalist and go for monohulls. From what I've seen the charter companies run cats there. But having said that, my sailing buddy that I charter with is a former California State Champ in the Hobie 16.

Next time I'd like to do a one way from St Lucia to Greneda... Just have to get the wife to let me go. She wants to go to Italy with her brother and his family. Vacation is not vacation with too many family members along!!

Mark

Maybe we should take this offline. Send me an email at
mail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back