Lump Source in MA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich K

TVWBB Fan
Does anyone know of a good place to buy lump in MA?? I don't want to order it online if I don't have to. The only place I found some is 7lb bags at a local hardware store, but I'm hoping to get 20lb bags. Thanks!

Erich, Here's the # for Humphrey's Lump. They are located in Pa.This is some real good lump. Give them a call to see if they have a distributor in your area. (814) 849-2302 Bryan

You might try Brookline Ice (in Brookline). I asked the folks at Tennessee's BBQ (in Framingham) where they get their smokewood in bulk, and they pointed me there. They might do charcoal too, or know of a source.

Myself, I'm interested in finding some new and interesting smoke wood round here. Heck, I'd be happy to find some apple!

Best,

Thanks everyone for the info...

Doug, I have an apple orchard in Harvard, MA that sells apple wood for woodstoves (and BBQ addicts such ourselves) if you're interested.
It's Carlson Orchards in Harvard. Great place for apple picking too (season is coming up) and a beautiful setting.

Erich

Do you have a web site for the the orchard or maybe an address. Always looking for great apple picking !!!and wood too !!!

Al

Here's the retail locations for some darn good lump in MA.
icon_smile.gif
WIKED GOOD CHARCOAL, B&B, OZARK OAK Bryan

Al, go to www.carlsonorchards.com for their website.

Mo,
Thanks for the info. That's right down the road. The last time I was in there they were just selling woodstoves...I guess it's been awhile. Did you ever make it up to the New England BBQ championship in VT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back