Lowes--BOGO on Kingsford Charcoal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Z

TVWBB Member
Lowes is running another buy one get one free offer on Kingsford charcoal for the holiday weekend (I think they did the over Memorial Day, too). Saw it in their sale flyer. Just wanted to send out a heads up.

Petra

Lowes 33.2 lbs for $7.48 = $0.22530 per pound
Wal-mart 33.2 lbs for $7.50 = $0.2259 per pound
Home Depot 40 lbs for $7.97 = $0.1992 per pound

Looks like Home Depot is still the winner here. Under twenty cents a pound is tough to beat.

Bill

I corrected the Home Depot price. Originally I mistyped it as $9.79. The cost per pound was correct.

Home Depot does sound like a great deal. Too bad the closest one to me would cost me much more in gas, thus negating the savings!

Petra

Oh course just got back from Lowes with four bags. Didn't know HD was having a sale too, good thing I'm going up to SAMs to get some pork butt, as HD is right across the street.

And now I just got back from HD and SAMs. Bought 5 two packs because we also got some new chairs, that's all I thought I could fit. After getting them in the car I realized I had a little more room. Back into the store for 5 more. So I should be set for a while with 30 bags total.

It was kinda funny though. I think my HD isn't having as good of luck selling all of it because 3 times I was told I could by a pallet load. Little did they know, if I still had a truck I would have.

I think my HD isn't having as good of luck selling all of it...
don't be fooled, Home Depot DOES sell a TON of Kingsford.... the reason WHY they can sell it for less than anyone so often!

I've been exclusively lump for almost six months now (save for some TJ briqs I just picked up). But at these prices, it is very tempting to stock up and go with some K blue for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back