Looking to spruce up the old Q-320, need parts.

Somewhere I have a picture of a set of Q3200 grates laid on top of a pair of Genesis 300 series grates. It it pretty surprising to find that the "big" newer Genesis has a cooking area only a little larger than the big Q. The Q300/320/3200 is pretty large grill. It doesn't have all the versatility of a full-size Genesis, but it is easier to clean and, if kept clean, cooks evenly with minimal flare-ups. Almost nothing to rust, either :cool: .

I have two Q300's in my garage right now. I keep toying with the idea of keeping one for overflow or backup or whatever. They are just as you describe, simple, yet very capable grills.

Somewhere I have a picture of a set of Q3200 grates laid on top of a pair of Genesis 300 series grates. It it pretty surprising to find that the "big" newer Genesis has a cooking area only a little larger than the big Q. The Q300/320/3200 is pretty large grill. It doesn't have all the versatility of a full-size Genesis, but it is easier to clean and, if kept clean, cooks evenly with minimal flare-ups. Almost nothing to rust, either :cool: .
Yeah Jon....I'm pretty sure that I'll be selling my big S-310 and when I finally get done with the rehab on that rusty E-310 I'll be giving that to my dad. Keeping this Q-320 and using it as my primary gasser. The Genesis just takes up a little too much real estate and I always tend to go to the charcoal grills for most my cooks.

Q 3 series is very versatile. Only thing I wish Weber did was to have the vent opening at the back not sides, however it works fine the way it is. I cant figure out why Weber did that likely a technical reason, maybe air flow. I recall an old charcoal grill i had, with vents at the side. If someone knows i would like to hear the technical explanation.

Last edited:
Yah, good question. I don't know if it is a big deal on the Q3xx grills, but on the smaller ones, a good breeze from one side to the other makes it tough to get the grill good and hot.

Bruno
Is the Q320 your main gas grill or do you also have something bigger like a Genesis?
I always seem to go to the charcoal grills for most stuff, thinking i might be fine selling off my e310s and keeping a q320
The 320 is my only gas grill and all that goes on is veggies, it cooks peppers and asparagus perfectly. If I’m spending money on meat I want to either cook it on charcoal or now I‘ve been using the heck out of the SmokeFire. It does a good job as a grill and is just too easy for a week night.

I’m really happy with the way the 320 has held up over the years, I’d have zero issue picking up a 3200 if I thought i needed one, but with a new burner and grates it’s like new.

The 320 is my only gas grill and all that goes on is veggies, it cooks peppers and asparagus perfectly. If I’m spending money on meat I want to either cook it on charcoal or now I‘ve been using the heck out of the SmokeFire. It does a good job as a grill and is just too easy for a week night.

I sold my big S-310 and am giving my E-310 to my father. Just take up too much real estate on my deck and I don't use them enough.

I cleaned up my new to me Q-320 enough to cook on it. Still plan on painting the lid red or blue.
I cooked some flank steak on the Q, it did a nice job. Not really any different than my Q-200. It was raining last night and it is nice to have a gas grill as an option for cooking since you just turn on gas and fire it up. Getting the charcoal going in the rain would be much more difficult!

I have a Q200 that I use basically for side veggies along side my Genesis 1000. If I had the room, I would probably switch to Q3xx. I have two of them in my garage right now waiting for rehab attention.

Bruce, I have used my Genesis and Q3200 for the last year and am going back to my Q220. I find I don’t need the extra space and it burns considerably less gas. And they cook the same. Just a thought.
Still keeping the Q3200 as it is my only grill I keep out all winter since it won’t rust out like the closed cabinet S330.
Richard.

Bruno
Is the Q320 your main gas grill or do you also have something bigger like a Genesis?
I always seem to go to the charcoal grills for most stuff, thinking i might be fine selling off my e310s and keeping a q320
I only cook veggies on the Q-320, the grate openings are tight and the cast iron seems to do a great job.
Once upon a time it was my only grill but that all changed when we moved and got some space.
I would only cook meat on the kettle, until I picked up the SmokeFire, now the kettles are lonely.
All that being said I love the Q-320 and plan on keeping it until it doesn’t work, and I would replace it right away.

I only cook veggies on the Q-320, the grate openings are tight and the cast iron seems to do a great job.
Once upon a time it was my only grill but that all changed when we moved and got some space.
I would only cook meat on the kettle, until I picked up the SmokeFire, now the kettles are lonely.
All that being said I love the Q-320 and plan on keeping it until it doesn’t work, and I would replace it right away.
Since making that post, I made the decision to sell my Genesis and Q200 and keep the 320. It's a nice little grill. Is my go to for veggies and my grill I use if i need to cook while it's raining.

Back