Looking to buy a WSM New 18.5 for $265 or a used 22 for $150

JBooker

TVWBB Super Fan
I have been looking at getting a WSM after years of using a Performer 22.5 to grill and a Smokenator to try to smoke. The local store has new 18.5 for $265 or could get a new 22.5 for $365. I was looking on the local craigs list and found a used 22.5 for $150. The guy selling said that he as had it for about 4 years.

Here is the only pic I have of the used one. What can you tell me about it? It doesn't appear to have the rubber silicone thermo port. Any way tell me what you think?
00101_fry98j3dqKV_600x450.jpg

I would go look at the used 22.5 and if it's in good shape I'd pick it up and not look back, that is a great price for a 22.5.

Get the used one pronto. That is a great price and they don't come around often. That 22 looks to be in decent shape and you will get a lot of years out of it.

Yea I think that's what I am going to look for. I am still going to look around for a used one. We have a pretty good state wide garage sale going on this weekend. Its call the Junk Jaunt.

J booker check out wal mart. I have been seeing 18.5 for 199 everywhere in Texas. Good luck

I checked (called) the ones with in reasonable driving distance from me. All they had was the 14.5"'s for $149. I don't know if they even stocked the 18.5 or 22.5's during the spring and summer months.

18 inch..... here we come.

Ended up getting a 18". Cooked a chicken on a Spanek verticle roaster today. Used a stick of melted butter, tbs of onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Then a tsp of ground white pepper, and cayenne pepper. Injected it in to the chicken and rubbed the rest on the skin.

Cooked with all vents wide open and a full water pan and it maintained 300-325 for the 2 hr cook. Pretty happy for a first time WSM cook.

Last edited:

Back