Looking for LUMP in Nashville area....

I see that there are three Gordon Food Service stores in your area. Goodlettsville, Murfreesboro and Brentwood. They carry their own brand lump which I believe is made by Royal Oak. I use it all the time. Pretty good stuff. About $ll.00 for a 20lb bag.

Cory - thanks for the tip - Just got off the phone with one of the stores very near me and you were correct.

Very much appreciate it!
icon_smile.gif

Hey, no problem. Always glad to point someone in the direction of some good lump. Now a question for you. Have you ever eaten at Jack's BBQ down there? If so what did you think of it? I visited Nashville a few years ago and we went to the one on Trinity Lane. I thought it was pretty good.

Cory - yes, I have eaten at Jacks and speaking as a native Texan, the first minute I walked inside, I KNEW the owner had to be a Texan! I'd just not found any Texas-style bbq in Tennessee. It was good - but I'm convinced one can make better brisket at home on your Weber!

Tennessee has given me an appreciation for pulled pork, country ham, pancake style cornbread - but brisket cooked over slow oak will always be my definition of BBQ! Now, if I could just learn how to make sausage like they do back home in the Texas Hill Country!
icon_smile.gif

Back