Looking for Gas Valves for Vieluxe

Dave, I hope you can find a solution. The hard part is that you have both perhaps the best grill ever made and one that Weber has tried to bury and forget ever existed. Almost any repairs are going to take creativity and trial and error. There are virtually no Vieluxe parts to be found anywhere.

How would I go about matching it up?

thank you
You know the serial # of your grill, which is good. You also know whether it's natural gas or propane. You probably also know about what year it is or can at least Google your serial # to figure it out. Now take what you know and turn it into a summit. For example: 2005, natural gas, 6 burner, built-in. Now all you have to do is figure out what Summit model your grill resembles and start looking for the parts you need whether it be individual valves or maybe even the whole manifold. The igniters are probably the same too. It might take an hour or two of computer detective work, but I think it will work.

@Dave-NJ type this into google and you should be able to see the schematics for a number of summit grills

Don't click on the link, copy the entire part as it is listed below

site: www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics summit

May I ask why you are looking to replace the valves? Are they sticking and turning with a lot of effort? You might be able to lubricate them and use the ones you have. Chris has an excellent video on lubing up old valves here:

May I ask why you are looking to replace the valves? Are they sticking and turning with a lot of effort? You might be able to lubricate them and use the ones you have. Chris has an excellent video on lubing up old valves here:

I did see that video. I asked the guy who fixed other things on the grill about that and he is scared that because the screws that hold the valve together are so packed together with stuff he thinks it might break if he tries taking them apart to clean. He also says if he breaks it when taking apart since the valve screws into to pipe that delivers the flame it will make the grill unusable cause there will be a hole in it.
Hope that makes sense and thank you

Dave,
It's all part of the huge challenge of rescuing a not only orphaned but practically murdered grill, since Weber basically has tried to erase its history. So sad. I can see what your guy is saying. Certainly, if the valve is damaged in a way that it can't be put back together, you are shut down. I am thinking if you can find a complete manifold for a 1st generation Summit, that might be your best hope of finding valves that could be used as replacements. That's not at all certain, though.

Not sure if this will help identify alternative valves for your Vieluxe, this is my 05 Summit Platinum D6.

Attachments

• 7A1CED5E-660C-4CCC-BE36-D565DD4D9689.jpeg
    7A1CED5E-660C-4CCC-BE36-D565DD4D9689.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 63FA88D4-F3C7-467D-8A89-2A69755FE80E.jpeg
    63FA88D4-F3C7-467D-8A89-2A69755FE80E.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 4E7C3097-4E73-48A5-B3CE-18385576CFEF.jpeg
    4E7C3097-4E73-48A5-B3CE-18385576CFEF.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 7
  • D816B43E-8176-4179-A8F2-4A73EDA7C137.jpeg
    D816B43E-8176-4179-A8F2-4A73EDA7C137.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 7
  • 9B53D028-ACB6-45D3-8DA7-724A5C3A0D58.jpeg
    9B53D028-ACB6-45D3-8DA7-724A5C3A0D58.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 81816653-2BC6-45C9-B4DD-64F5F499C8B6.jpeg
    81816653-2BC6-45C9-B4DD-64F5F499C8B6.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 7
  • 468F7B65-60D1-417E-ADB0-F806A72AF971.jpeg
    468F7B65-60D1-417E-ADB0-F806A72AF971.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 7
Dave, I hope you can find a solution. The hard part is that you have both perhaps the best grill ever made and one that Weber has tried to bury and forget ever existed. Almost any repairs are going to take creativity and trial and error. There are virtually no Vieluxe parts to be found anywhere.
Let me preface this by saying this is anecdotal information that was told to me at least 10 years ago in my early days at Weber, but from what I recall, much of the manufacturing of the Vieluxe was outsourced to a 3rd party company. This made it very difficult to impossible for Weber to procure replacement parts once the Vieluxe was no longer in production. By the time I started working for Weber back in 2010 (I was in Consumer Care in those days), pretty much all the parts were no longer available and I dreaded getting a call about one since I was rarely able to satisfy the Vieluxe owner on the other end of the line. Most of the parts were model specific, which is why Vieluxe units had a distinct look from other Weber models, and very few parts were cross-compatible with other Weber models. #IworkforWeber

So I wonder if that's why the total lack of support for the early Summit 1st generation. And the total disappointment I had
Standard practice at Weber is to stock replacement parts for 10 years after a model has been discontinued. We often try to stock parts longer than that, but if they aren't used on any other more current models, and they are slow moving parts (like 10 a year or something) it's hard to justify from a warehousing perspective to continue keeping them on hand since we've got several thousands of parts (tens of thousands). A lot of first Gen Summit (pre-2000) parts were already gone when I started here in 2010. #IworkforWeber

Standard practice at Weber is to stock replacement parts for 10 years after a model has been discontinued. We often try to stock parts longer than that, but if they aren't used on any other more current models, and they are slow moving parts (like 10 a year or something) it's hard to justify from a warehousing perspective to continue keeping them on hand since we've got several thousands of parts (tens of thousands). A lot of first Gen Summit (pre-2000) parts were already gone when I started here in 2010. #IworkforWeber
You would have to go back to some of my old posts to find out why I made the reference.

Sorry to learn about the poor experience. If you point in me in the right direction of the relevant posts I'll be happy to check them out.
:D Sadly I don't really know how. Water under the bridge now. But, it was victim to the poorly made firebox design. Weber was contacted and I was told it was under warranty and then later told sorry, but while it may be under warranty we cannot supply the part(s) to repair it. Soured me completely on Weber's products and bottom line will not bother with a new product again. This is about as far as I care to delve into it. Jon now has the grill and he's been able to have a shop design a work around

Back