Looking for advice on rehabbing a Redhead

For custom Fab high quality 304 SS from a master Craftsman like Dave. His prices seem low to me and I'm happy to pay. Especially the prices for the z-metal and swing table brackets.
His prices are certainly fair, but not necessarily in everyone's budget.

When you say brackets, does Dave/rcplanebuyer make a stainless version of the small, complex piece that holds the swing rod in the middle and is also used at the end to attach the table to the rod held in the frame?

That would surprise me, they would be very complicated to duplicate....
Luckily they seem to last longer than the zbars, probably because they don’t trap moisture as much.

Last edited:
Another thing I would recommend is to watch the local sites, and try and acquire a few more... they show up free-$40 pretty often, and extra parts or options are never bad. And once you get them torn down, and assess what is worth keeping vs junk, they dont take a whole lot of space to store.

His prices are certainly fair, but not necessarily in everyone's budget.

When you say brackets, does Dave/rcplanebuyer make a stainless version of the small, complex piece that holds the swing rod in the middle and is also used at the end to attach the table to the rod held in the frame?
Yes he does make those here's a picture of mine. I got four of them in my last order

Screenshot_20240917_105640_Photos.jpg

now that’s a pretty good teaser Bruce! And I agree with John. I think maroon would look pretty good as well.

To be clear I think the green looks really nice, it’s just not as photogenic with the reflection of the darker lid.

For me personally the wood is very shouty and look at me so I like to pair that with a lid that is less in your face color-wise. And with more of a plain wood I would want a brighter more look at me color lid. Contrast.
I actually agree with Steve and think that a black lid with that wood would be the best pairing. Here's a picture where my lid looks black.

Screenshot_20240917_153210_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
That is pretty damn sharp. Seeing them side by side you’re 100% correct. The wood is the focal point as it should be with the character of the wood. I would just be too damn scared to set anything on it!

Last edited:
That is pretty damn sharp. Seeing them side by side you’re 100% correct. The wood is the focal point as it should be with the character of the wood. I would just be too damn scared to set anything in it!
Actually I think you are right also Cody. I just switched lids and it looks pretty good also this way. I'll start a new thread though when I get some pictures taken

Back