Looking for a new Genesis?

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I am not sure if this is nation wide or just an in-store thing, but you might want to check your local Lowes if you have been eyeing the new Genesis grills.

When I look on Lowe's website it still shows it at full price. Is this a regional thing or do you have to go to the store and see?

I’m going to the Hazlet NJ Lowes tomorrow morning first thing- I will see what the sales look like.

My guess its by store also when they were blowing out Smokefires a few years ago some on the forum got some unbelieveable deals that were not available at every store. Those deals if I remember were never on their web site I think Jon was trying to argue with them that some were getting x for a price and his local store did not offer that he was not successful if I remember.

Lowes still had a large selection of gas grills and very limited charcoal grills, none on sale. There were a few other brands of smokers with $50 off.

Our local Lowes has an end of year plant sale -75% off that we look for every year, I don’t think they advertise that sale either and it seems to be weather dependent, a warm Fall and the sale is delayed. It’s good for us as we have always had good success planting shrubs in the Fall right before they go dormant.

As a side note, I took my first look at the charcoal kettle grills and while I am sure they are great cookers, they didn’t scream quality.

My Lowe's has it on clearance, but not as low as others have seen.

PXL_20220821_145659130.jpg

On a side note, It's been years since I've looked at a new Weber. I was surprised to see how cheap they look and feel. Is it just me?

I read a post on the FB thread where one guy went in and found the same thing as you and brought it to the managers attention. The manager gave it to him for the other store's lower sale price.

Kinda like automobiles. Have you seen all the electronics in them these days? That all costs money and that gets paid for by cutting corners elsewhere and increasing prices.

No deals in my store was there this morning. Might have had 140 off one model but I did see a 325 without the electronics it had a blue lid kind of striking like the blue lids on the old Genesis's.

I read a post on the FB thread where one guy went in and found the same thing as you and brought it to the managers attention. The manager gave it to him for the other store's lower sale price.
Didn’t work for me on the SmokeFire. No budge at all.

Kinda like automobiles. Have you seen all the electronics in them these days? That all costs money and that gets paid for by cutting corners elsewhere and increasing prices.
I bought a dryer and gas range 13 months ago. Both have already had to have the computer control modules replaced🙄!

Back