Looking for a good commercial bbq rub

Mike Batsarisakis

TVWBB Super Fan
I've tried Butt Rub and Texas BBQ Rub. I found both to be excellent. I'm looking for a new outstanding bbq rub. Can anyone kindly give me the names of some other high quality rubs. Thanks Mike B.

You didn't say what you wanted to use the rubs on. I suggest Wolfe Rub Origional on ribs & butts. For brisket I suggest Wolf Rub Bold.

If you order some tell Larry, BFD sent ya.

I agree with Bruce and Steve. I recently received my first order of Wolfe Rub Bold and the regular. Both are excellent rubs, I added the Bold to my baked beans this past weekend and received quite a few compliments.

I agree with Scott...you just can't beat Mike Mill's Magic Dust. I make it my self now that Mike has included the recipe in his book "Peace, Love,and Barbeque". It seems to be good on anything you BBQ and even good as a table condiment.

Steve

Wolfe Rub is really good. Ive tried a bunch of rubs including magic dust. If you like Magic Dust, you are gonna love Wolfe Rub Bold.

I like Blue's Hog rub and their sauce for ribs. Tasty
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Steve Lindsey:
I agree with Scott...you just can't beat Mike Mill's Magic Dust. I make it my self now that Mike has included the recipe in his book "Peace, Love,and Barbeque". It seems to be good on anything you BBQ and even good as a table condiment.

Steve

Mike Mill's Magic Dust

Makes about 2 1/2 cups

1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup kosher salt, finely ground
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons mustard powder
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup ground cumin
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1/4 cup granulated garlic
2 tablespoons cayenne

Mix all ingredients and store in a tightly covered container.

If you go to Sam's Club, you can get these obscenely large containers of things like Paprika, Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Cayenne, etc. They must be like 6 cup containers, and are always around $5 or $6 each.

If you know the basics of rub making, you can make like $600 worth of rub for $50, assuming you're buying those little tiny 1/4 cup containers with the sprinkler cap.

Originally posted by Jimbo B:
If you go to Sam's Club, you can get these obscenely large containers of things like Paprika, Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Cayenne, etc. They must be like 6 cup containers, and are always around $5 or $6 each.

If you know the basics of rub making, you can make like $600 worth of rub for $50, assuming you're buying those little tiny 1/4 cup containers with the sprinkler cap.

Hey guys, anyone have a recipe that either comes close or is better than KC Masterpiece rub??? I know, something in it that I love but can't quite put my finger on. I've tried replicating it but keep going back to it and buying 2-3 at a time. Everyone laughs that for Q I make for them I use my own rubs and they love it but when I Q for myself I have to go out and buy product. Isn't that lame??
icon_wink.gif

Adrian

While visiting the hawgeyes website mentioned above, check out the Smokin'Guns Hot Rub...great all purpose rub...brisket to potatoes...haven't tried it on ice cream yet though.

Obviously I'm partial to Blues Hog rub, but I also use Bad Byron's Butt Rub and Smokin Guns Hot when I can get it. The Slabs also put out a couple of good rubs, I like the "Wow your Cow" beef rub they make.

Rick

Hey Rick, I had the pleasure of meeting Bill Arnold at Sevierville a couple weeks ago and I loaded up on his Blues Hog sauce. Let me say with all honesty that Bill is OK with me. Just a regular guy cooking Q. He gave me a bottle of his rub which is going on some ribs today. I cant wait!

Back