Look what I got!

Jason Keeton

8677a6a7.jpg

Got some new toys today!! Do I need to season these like other cookers with Pam?
Look forward to sharing with you guys. First comp with these in Three weeks!! Really would like to hinge the lid. I've searched and don't really like the ones I found. Anybody got some they haven't posted yet?

No need to season with Pam. You need to use it to get a buildup inside. That helps maintain a consistent temp and good seal on the lid. If you are goin to do a comp in 3 weeks, I'd try to at least get 6-10 cooks in before.

I'd get some chicken leg quarters, lots, cover the upper grills, no water pan and let them render out during a 250-300 degree cook. That will gunk up your smokers for sure. Just keep the air held back so you do not get a flare up. I did that with mine and it worked like a charm. Cook them well and get as much out of them as you can. You can still make great chicken salad with the leftovers afterwards.

Very nice!
As previously stated, WSMs have an enamel interior, you don't have to season them. Over time you will get a gunk buildup which will help it cook better.

Good luck!

Bob

Back