Look what I got to play with!!!

Mac LA

TVWBB Super Fan
Was helping a buddy of mine over the weekend (owner of The SmoKing Rib) with a catering event and got to mess around with his smoker, a Cadillac rotisserie!!!

Man this thing was soo stable, it was simply amazing! The only downside to this unit was if you lose power or the motor goes out, you are screwed!
5ckmxj.jpg

2ywbzg7.jpg

eg8ikx.jpg

Probably not thread worthy, but I’m bored.. I thought I had taken more proper pics but I guess not.

We did 12 racks, 130 pieces of chicken, and 3 briskets. Didn’t get a chance to take a pic of all the food either as I was serving and tending to other items..

Anyone else mess with one of these?

Kinda' like the movie "Battleship" - when the wily old veteran asks the Gunnery Officer from the destroyer if she's ready to play with the Big boys (referring to the main battery on the Mighty Mo)...

Bet it was a learning experience

I've cooked on a friends Southern Yankee which looks somewhat similar to the Cadillac. His is the rotisserie model with the rear firebox. Dual chamber, it is a sweet unit! 250* was its sweet spot, got up to temp fast for a big cooker and just cruised along all day long with no hassle.

Kinda' like the movie "Battleship" - when the wily old veteran asks the Gunnery Officer from the destroyer if she's ready to play with the Big boys (referring to the main battery on the Mighty Mo)...

Bet it was a learning experience

HAHAHA pretty much! If I only had a good reason to get one...

I've cooked on a friends Southern Yankee which looks somewhat similar to the Cadillac. His is the rotisserie model with the rear firebox. Dual chamber, it is a sweet unit! 250* was its sweet spot, got up to temp fast for a big cooker and just cruised along all day long with no hassle.

Sounds like they are very similar in design. The caddy also has the same setup and too was trouble free. What really took the cake was the fact that his ribs were done in 2.5-hours (@250). Not sure if that has something to do with the rotisserie but it was very impressive.

He has another event I'm suppose to help out with in June, with 400 people so that should be interesting.

Back