Long time no post - Surf-n-Turf

Been a while and would like to join in on the fun again. Wife has been wanting steak and lobster for a while now so she finally got her wish!

Nice Porterhouse, not too thick, and it nearly killed me carving it up!
P4220001.jpg

2 petite tails bought on sale...about 5oz max!
P4220003.jpg

Everything is ready for the grill...butter, his and her(filet) steaks and tails skewered!
P4220004.jpg

Steaks on direct...pulled at 130ish internal.
P4220005.jpg

Tails on belly side down to start..then flip and baste with butter.
P4220007.jpg

Basting!
P4220008.jpg

That is the temp I was looking for.
P4220009.jpg

Plated with steamed beans and watermelon/feta salad!
P4220013.jpg

Thanks for peeking!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for peeking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for PERFECT!!!
P4220013.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for peeking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for PERFECT!!!
P4220013.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect and Fantabulous!!!

That, my friend, is the perfect surf n Turf dinner!!!!! Awesome job!!!!! Makes me want to grill that this weekend!

Super surf and turf.

Just curious to know why you cut the porterhouse up before you grilled it. Is it because the fillet cooks longer than the striploin or vise versa?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dom R:
Super surf and turf.

Just curious to know why you cut the porterhouse up before you grilled it. Is it because the fillet cooks longer than the striploin or vise versa? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I was expecting the filet to be done sooner than the strip...I put the strip on about a minute ahead of the filet and they both finished at the same time...I just wanted control over both and not overcook.

Wayne, great to see you back! Boy do I have some great memories on here with you Bryan S., my good buddy Ed C. and others. Good times, great cooks and some epic hangovers. Good to see you again man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
Wayne, great to see you back! Boy do I have some great memories on here with you Bryan S., my good buddy Ed C. and others. Good times, great cooks and some epic hangovers. Good to see you again man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I'm back...I've missed you and the gang as well. I haven't stopped cooking...just stopped posting for a while. Was hoping one of the 'old' ones would remember me! Thanks Mr. LarryR!!

Back