London Broil

I've only tried 1 London Broil ever and dried it out so bad bbq sauce almost didn't help. Keep in mind that this cut of meat is extremely lean.I would say if I did another I would pay a little more attention to my internal temp,for some odd reason I had it in my head to take it to 180 internal,big no no and would probably foil it or put it in a covered pan of beef stock and take it to about 165 after I gave it a couple hrs of smoke first. don't take this as gospel but I think it'll be okay. I've also read that useing a jaquard(sp) before marinating will help as well.

London broil is not a cut of beef that should be smoked.
It should be tenderized and marinated before broiling or grilling. To avoid tossin' in the trash, high heat from the broiled or grill is required turning constantly to cook evenly and to avoid burning.
Smoking this cut would be a waste of time and meat.

What Jim Lampe said. I did one london broil on the smoker, oooops, Never again. I have done it on the grill with great results.
icon_biggrin.gif

I have done two London broils on the smoker and both came out really good. I watched the temps of them and got them to about medium doneness. I would however sear them before smoking to lock in the juices.

Back