Lomo Al Tropo

Another Bob B

TVWBB Pro
This was a suggestion by Bob Correll. Lomo is Beef Tenderloin and Al Tropo is cloth. A Lomo Al Tropo cook is Columbian, South American. Take a 16 x 16 piece of cotton cloth and cover most of it with 1/4 inch table salt . Sprinkle your choice chopped herbs over http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php . I used 1 Tblspn each of Basil, Oregano, Parsley and 1 tspn ground Thyme. Lay tenderloin on cloth, pull up corners to cover ends and roll tenderloin to form a cocoon of salt around the meat with the cloth holding it in place . Tie off at 2 inch intervals w/butcher string. 1 full chimney of lit briquettes followed by 1 unlit. After all are lit and ashed over, place the wrapped Lomo directly ON the hot coals, grate removed . The cloth will burn off leaving a cocoon of salt thereby cooking your Lomo Al Tropo . Now this is very important. Cook on one side for exactly 9 minutes, turn over and cook opposite side for exactly 8 minutes. Remove your Lomo to a table where you can break the salt cocoon and brush off any remaining salt. Your Lomo will be a perfect rare to med/rare and one of the most outstanding tenderloin roasts you have ever served . I will be doing another one next week. Thank you, TY Bob Correll. Enjoy all. Bob Bailey
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hey Bob, Intrigued by you your description/directions, unfortunately the photo links aren't pointing to your album. Can't wait to see the photos!

Back