Lodge big announcement

They are making GBS compatible accessories, like a dutch oven????

Something more exclusive than Blacklock?

I wasn't aware of Blacklock. Interesting. Claiming their piece of the artisan CI market?
I haven't seen any in person. But it certainly looks like a more affordable option to Field and some of the other small foundries. My Lodge 12 is way too heavy for DW anymore and I even hate hefting that thing around. We've been thinking about replacing it with a Blacklock 12.

So I wonder just how "light" the stuff can be? Maybe something in between carbon steel and the true heavyweight? I had never heard of Blacklock either. Of course I have not been out shopping for stuff like this since the CV19 crap hit the fan. Only out shopping for necessities

A collectible "Rosie The Riveter" skillet, dated 2020 and only to be offered for a year. A regular Lodge skillet in all other respects. 100, already sold out, had the design on the bottom polished to make it stand out. Hopefully, those came with COAs, as I surmise there might be a temptation to create fakes from the unpolished. Although:

" This Rosie the Riveter skillet is a collector’s display piece. The logo design is polished and coated with polyurethane to protect to casting from moisture and to keep the skillet in pristine condition. This skillet is not intended for cooking and is for display purposes only."

A collectible "Rosie The Riveter" skillet, dated 2020 and only to be offered for a year. A regular Lodge skillet in all other respects. 100, already sold out, had the design on the bottom polished to make it stand out. Hopefully, those came with COAs, as I surmise there might be a temptation to create fakes from the unpolished. Although:

" This Rosie the Riveter skillet is a collector’s display piece. The logo design is polished and coated with polyurethane to protect to casting from moisture and to keep the skillet in pristine condition. This skillet is not intended for cooking and is for display purposes only."
How much was it?

But no worries, Lodge is happy to sell you a non-collectible version for only $19.20! I thought this limited edition skillet sounded like a marketing opportunity. :) Not sure what Rosie has to do with women's right to vote, that part of the marketing blurb seems like a stretch to me.

Definitely a weird way to sell more of the $20 version. Well played by them I guess.

$19.20 for a regular Rosie skillet, and $3.00 for a spray can of polyurethane, leaves me $77.80 to spend on meat and beer. Better yet, just forget the idea of buying a skillet you can't cook in (although amid the election rhetoric, it doesn't sound nearly as stupid as it would in most years) and spend the entire $100 on meat. And beer.

Back