Local source for MCP1700-33

Michael Allison

While bending the lead on the MCP1700-33 the leg snapped off. Was hoping to test run on the long weekend. Is this something you can pick up at radio shack? Any other suggestions.

Just searched both Fry's and Radio Shack and they don't carry that item. It would help to know where you live.

Just searched both Fry's and Radio Shack and they don't carry that item. It would help to know where you live.

Frys will have one, but you cant use the same part number to search, you have to look for a NTE part number. The NTE part i have not had time at work to find.

Its kinda odd that most local places all carry NTE parts, but all online places carry everything but NTE parts. And most of the NTE parts are not for hobbyist.

a 3.3v regulator is a pretty basic component... As long as it is rated to withstand the input voltage with some headroom (+5VDC from the DC/DC board in this case) and you pay attention to the pinout (if you use a different 3.3v regulator) it will be fine. Pinout is pretty simple, Vin, Vout, GND.... In selecting a regulator you would want to consider the power requirements, but the HM isn't drawing much power on the 3.3v line so I think most 3.3v regulators would work fine.

Ralph, thanks for noting the pin differences. Went to to Baynesville Electronics this AM and they had the NTE1904 in stock. (Thank you Steve) Got it home and noticed that the pin designations were different and the leads were too big for the holes. Determined, i soldered some wires in the socket and to the correct pin assignments. Finished the build in my new case that Tom printed for me (thank you) and everything seems to be working great. Going to try a test cook this weekend!

Back