Little Tri tip

nice!

not uncommon to find 1lb tris here... i'd say average is about 1.75 lbs
just glad they're around but seems the cost has gone up and everything is blamed on the Covid character.

I used to find them two or three at a time in the dog food section mark down of the meat department at fry's when we moved here 20 years ago. Because nobody knew what they were, now lots of Cali people have moved here and they know what they are so even at regular price they are pretty rare to find now. I've got one in the freezer but I won't cook that one until I get another to replace it.

Case,
Looks really good! I haven't had a tri-tip in about 2 months I need to change that!
This may be my last for a while. Price up here has gone bonkers. This one was $29. Looked today and similar size was $36!!!!!
Is foods our restaurant supply hasn’t had any in months.

Just went to their site right now they are $108 and then minimum shipping is $25. So almost $23 per pound.
You need to buy them when they’re on sale. I bought them , prime chuck short ribs on sale, and some rub for the tri-tips and got free shipping. Or, you can buy a gift card to get free shipping. I’ve done that several times.

Tri tips seem to be getting smaller up here. Becoming hard to get and when we do see them they are about half the size they used to be. Still tasty. Simple SPOG. On the BabyQ since we’re still under fire ban status.

View attachment 36096
Nice tri tip, and you have the first 2 tone color Q grill that I have seen as well!

Picked up a couple prime tri-tips at costco, 2 for $38, it’s crazy to think $23 a pound.
Thabks for the reminder to pick one up, yours looks amazing.

Back