Little problem close to home

Jay D in Jersey

TVWBB Wizard
This convicted murderer is on the lam about five miles from our home.
Despite PSP, US Marshalls, local LE, drones, dogs, choppers...he's still wondering around out there. Last seen on a trail in scenic Longwood Gardens.

It's going to be 94 degrees here today, not good for him. Hopefully they wrap this up soon...two school districts are closed and folks are a bit jumpy.

There was a situation here a few months back that did resolve itself. There was a complete lockdown of probably a mile radius around the scene. The good news is that nobody nearby was harmed.

While I was talking with the county communications officer after the event, he suggested the following URL:

@Jay D in Jersey do you have a lockdown for your area?

There was a situation here a few months back that did resolve itself. There was a complete lockdown of probably a mile radius around the scene. The good news is that nobody nearby was harmed.

While I was talking with the county communications officer after the event, he suggested the following URL:

@Jay D in Jersey do you have a lockdown for your area?
LE has requested folks in a certain radius to stay indoors, lockdown. This goof is likely 5-8 miles south of us. I'm not concerned. In fact, I'm heading to the vets over in that area(Pocopson) in short order to pick up a refill of Heart Guard for our dogs...but I'm a former State cop and I trust these PSP folks to wrap this up.
Of course I could leverage the situation to coax my wife to pack up and head to our beach house 100 miles away😉

I saw the news update about the trail cam picture from Longwood this morning. Stay safe. One of our favorite restaurants was in that area—Dillworthtown Inn. We started going there in the 90’s, fine dining at its best!

I saw the news update about the trail cam picture from Longwood this morning. Stay safe. One of our favorite restaurants was in that area—Dillworthtown Inn. We started going there in the 90’s, fine dining at its best!
I can walk there from our place. It's a vegan place now...Ground Provisions. Dillworthtown Inn was excellent, the vegan joint is fixed price and the menu reads like an inventory at the feed store.
I'm a bit biased, but I know NJSP would had this wrapped up in under 48 hours.

Last edited:
Did I hear correctly that he and a homeowner exchanged the flip of a basement light switch yesterday or Sunday?

I can walk there from our place. It's a vegan place now...Ground Provisions. Dillworthtown Inn was excellent, the vegan joint is fixed price and the menu reads like an inventory at the feed store.
I'm a bit biased, but I know NJSP would had this wrapped up in under 48 hours.
You’re in a beautiful, historic location. We’ve been visiting Brandywine area for close to 30 years. Lots of great places to stay and great restaurants. We really miss Dillworthtown, was such a shame when Jim Barnes (owner) died. I’ve sipped many a single malt in front of the fire on a cold winter’s night there.

Did I hear correctly that he and a homeowner exchanged the flip of a basement light switch yesterday or Sunday?
Yes. It wasn't stated precisely where that home was. I have a pretty good idea though. The area is mostly large homes on large lots along with farms and horse farms with lots of wooded areas. The Brandywine River cuts through to the East of the prison. Trying to swim across it can be very risky. He headed South. Another two miles from where he was spotted at Longwood and he'd be on our gun club's property.

You’re in a beautiful, historic location. We’ve been visiting Brandywine area for close to 30 years. Lots of great places to stay and great restaurants. We really miss Dillworthtown, was such a shame when Jim Barnes (owner) died. I’ve sipped many a single malt in front of the fire on a cold winter’s night there.
He had the more casual dining place across the street called The Blue Pear. It too was very good.
I bring our dogs up to Sandy Hollow Park. It's where a major part of the Battle of the Brandywine took place. Really like the area. West Chester itself is a great town. We enjoy living here. Much more so than the Mushroom Capital of the World. Plus, it's an easy drive to our beach house in Avalon NJ.

Been to the Pear as well as the Inn, also did some of the wine/ whiskey pairing dinners at the Innkeepers kitchen where you say the vegan place is now. Yes, lots of good places on Gay St. Only place I’ve ever been to in Kennett was the Half Moon Cafe, cool place with a fantastic year round rooftop area and served “exotic” meats, that closed too. We also like Catherine’s in Unionville and The Whip Tavern.

Been to the Pear as well as the Inn, also did some of the wine/ whiskey pairing dinners at the Innkeepers kitchen where you say the vegan place is now. Yes, lots of good places on Gay St. Only place I’ve ever been to in Kennett was the Half Moon Cafe, cool place with a fantastic year round rooftop area and served “exotic” meats, that closed too. We also like Catherine’s in Unionville and The Whip Tavern.
Been to both Catherine's and The Whip but it's been years. The Whip gets packed on weekends in the Fall. Been to a place called Four Dogs in Marshallton too.

Four Dogs was one of the first places I ever went. Yeah, Whip gets packed and not much parking. Catherine’s is so dark, they give you a flashlight to read the menu! That area is beautiful any time of the year, my favorite is Fall/Winter. In our heyday, we tried to get down about 4-6 times a year, for a long weekend. They’re aren’t too many places we haven’t been, I always tried to find someplace new. A lot are gone…

Four Dogs was one of the first places I ever went. Yeah, Whip gets packed and not much parking. Catherine’s is so dark, they give you a flashlight to read the menu! That area is beautiful any time of the year, my favorite is Fall/Winter. In our heyday, we tried to get down about 4-6 times a year, for a long weekend. They’re aren’t too many places we haven’t been, I always tried to find someplace new. A lot are gone…
Another place we liked a lot when we were in Kennett was The Greathouse at Loch Nairn golf course.
BTW, the fact that PSP hasn't caught this guy 7 days in is an embarrassment to law enforcement.

Back