Liquid Bar Keepers friend on Stainless Steel......its the answer!

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Dang it I have been using powder bar keepers to clean my shower for years and its the only thing that really works. Last night I tried the liquid Bar Keepers Friend on a stainless steel hood and wow wow wow.......just like out kitchen sink it really cleaned it up like new. I have avoided the SS flips because they are a pain to remove rust stains and such......but now all my stainless will be cleaned w Bar Keepers

I have always liked Bar Keepers Friend since the day one of the maintenance guys at my former job of managing a community used it to incredibly restore a horrible looking porcelain tub. I have used the powder on stainless with some very fine results.
Bar Keepers Friend Stainless.jpg
I have never tried the liquid.

Larry,
I know you think the stuff is useless, but you have to at least admit that some have used it successfully.

I have tried both the powder and the liquid and find far easier and better results with much less effort using other methods.

I used that on my Gold B that I just flipped. I was impressed. The lid wasn't too bad to start, but did clean up better than I had expected. I also have shied away from rehabbing SS grills because they were so tough to clean up.

Jim, are you saying the liquid works better than the powder? I have only used the powder.
I have both. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They're both good for different tasks and there seems to be many uses for this stuff. It's also cheap to buy, so i had no issues buying one of each to try.

I use the liquid stuff to remove water spots from auto glass.

Hey Larry I didnt know you didnt like this stuff......what on this planet can work better then the liquid version of Barkeepers?
I like using the liquid on a hood because its simple to work with.......My hood was in rough shape so I had to do about 3 passes with the liquid stuff and it came looking friggin fantastic. I cant believe I forgot to take pics.....party foul!!!

Honestly ammonia and a scrubber and if hard water spots simple white vinegar. I just don't see the need for it. I have tried it because I saw everyone raving about how great it was but honestly I tried REALLY tried to like it but just honestly never saw that it did anything better with less work

Ammonia .....hmmmm I will try anything once so I will give it a shot. If it works better then liquid bar keepers then it will be a absolute game changer. The only thing I dont like about ammonia is that it hash a harsh smell....but if it works....Im in.

Ok....I think I have some laying around......I will give it a try......but I am skeptical that it will match Bar Keepers.

Back