Limited Edition 26" Kettle in Glen Blue - THE UNICORN OF ALL UNICORNS! For Sale NOW

I believe Fedex notifies you as soon as the label is created. I imagine it is pending pick up so it will be in route within a day or so probably. I remember seeing my Fedex tracking history being created a day or two before Weber actually notified me.

Mine shipped! Weber.com still shows pending, however fedex emailed me that it’s on the way.

I believe Fedex notifies you as soon as the label is created. I imagine it is pending pick up so it will be in route within a day or so probably. I remember seeing my Fedex tracking history being created a day or two before Weber actually notified me.

Pretty sure it is en route

"
Thursday , 8/20/2020
3:20 am
CAROL STREAM, IL
Left FedEx origin facility
"

Recieved my new Glen Blue 26" grill yesterday, it's a huge ole thing. Unfortunately there were some blemishes on the lid. Good news is a new lid is now on back order, about 2 weeks out. Now it's time to fire it up!IMG_20200826_115858.jpgIMG_20200826_115545.jpgIMG_20200826_115620.jpgIMG_20200826_111432.jpgIMG_20200826_115640.jpgIMG_20200826_111406.jpg

Weber has got to come up with a better way of packing their items. I wonder what the warranty rate is for these new Glen Blues?
I'd want a new lid too if I paid full price for a new one....but really I'd cook on that scratched one and save the new one to swap over 10-15 years from now

I know. I was thinking a shift to the molded cardboard divider like the ones that work so well in the WSM packing would be a cost effective upgrade. Good idea about using the blemished lid.

Thank you. This is about as far as I go, with 2 MT's, the Twenty Sixer and all 3 sizes of the WSM. There's also a 40 yo Happy Cooker kettle, but that's more like a divorced member and not invited to the family reunion.

The packaging is crazy to me. I'm guessing it was designed to be shipped via pallet.

Anyhow, while I didn't have any "damage", I have some other blemishes that are frustrating to see. Lacking some blue on the handle, the lineation between blue/back on the bowl is uneven that sort of thing. Nothing super major, it's not worth doing anything about it as I understand they all have similar issues. But I have to say I'm disappointed considering how they marketed it as a "hand-painted, collectible color" at a 20% price premium. If I could go back I would've just grabbed a black

The packaging is definitely meant to be shipped "this side up". Unfortunately the delivery trucks are not designed for a package of this shape to ride on the "bottom". I watched the driver roll the 26er out the side door of his truck, very carefully, but it was loaded in the truck on it's side. I believe that led to some of the damage to the lid. This is the first occurence of shipping damage I've had out of the 6 new grills and smokers purchased. Weber is making good on it, though. Like you, I wonder if the basic black might have been the better choice. Only thing is, that Glen Blue looks so cool!

I can't answer to that, but they must be catching up with warranty claims. There is currently an order for a Glen Blue 26" lid in my orders, and the Weber Rep said it's on back order with a Sep. 10 expected date. Haven't seen the cart icon on the Weber since about 20 minutes after I ordered mine.

Back