Lid holder mod?

Jason Keeton

Anybody used the lid mod of the electric cooker for the 22.5 WSM? If so did it work? Looking for ideas for a easy lid holder or hinged lid.

I don't recall this 'lid mod of the electric cooker". Was it on this site or another? Do you have a link?

Thanks.
Tim

Jason,
Have you thought about using a Slide-a-Side?
This is my 18.5 but my 22.5 is equipped the same way.
DSCN3674.JPG
DSCN3678.JPG

@tim-it's in the mod section on the homepage of this website.

@mac-yeah I wanted to do this but thought the 22.5 lid was to heavy. So it works for the 22.5. Do you have to add the band for it to hang in or will it work hanging on the rim?

Jason Keeton; @mac-yeah I wanted to do this but thought the 22.5 lid was to heavy. So it works for the 22.5. Do you have to add the band for it to hang in or will it work hanging on the rim?[/QUOTE said:
You don't "have" to add the band but, I had issues with the lid knocking the mounting clips loose when I lifted it. With it mounted to the band it's has not been a problem. The band is an easy install. Just use the existing holes and use a little longer bolt.

@tim-it's in the mod section on the homepage of this website.

LOL, I didn't know that was added in there till now.
Thank's Mr. A :)

Tim

I have always put my lid on the ground while checking the meat. But one thing i lernd on here is to hang it in the handle.

Works like a charm! No more round stains on my deck.

Thanks guys for the ideas! How about hinge ideas? I've done a search and really didn't like the ones I found. Anybody got hinged lid mods that haven't been posted?

I have always put my lid on the ground while checking the meat. But one thing i lernd on here is to hang it in the handle.

Does seem simple. I would be afraid that I would bump it and end up with a dented or chipped lid. I'm using mine on concrete.

You are a brilliant man Wolgast!!

I appreciate all the hard work you do to keep this site up and running Chris! Keep up the good work! :cool:

Wow, as many times as I have had the lid in my hand I never thought about that....
I need to stop peeking, but that is a DOH! moment for me when I saw this pic. Quick, simple and inexpensive what more could you ask for?

I tried this the other day. It hangs on there pretty solid.

Back