Lemon Pepper Marinade Tuna Steak Tonight.....

Rick Reynolds

TVWBB Super Fan
In the marinade.

Grill up to 500 Degrees, put steaks on.

First flip after about 5 to 6 mins.

Added a dab of marinade to top when finished. No sides as it choice tonight between us.(Leftovers!) Done deal!

Hey Rick, I'll trade you my ribeye for a piece of that fish. Looks great for sure!!

Rick you had me with the title but after seeing the photos, I'll be doing this for sure. Have you ever tried it with Salmon?

Thanks,
Rolf

Rick you had me with the title but after seeing the photos, I'll be doing this for sure. Have you ever tried it with Salmon?

Not yet Rolf. With Salmon I go with a olive oil spray with Zatarain's Seasoning. But Wifey Poo really liked this combination so I will be trying it on salmon shortly. If you beat me to it let us know!

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but 5-6 minutes a side at 500 seems like too long to me. I prefer my tuna rare, am I the only one?

I don't know Stuart. My wife doesn't like to see any rareness in her fish, but will eat her steaks very rare. The tuna is cooked through but is still moist and not dried out. :)

I don't know Stuart. My wife doesn't like to see any rareness in her fish, but will eat her steaks very rare. The tuna is cooked through but is still moist and not dried out. :)

Yeah, sorry. It was late when I wrote that and I don't want you to think I was saying you're doing it wrong - the way you cooked it looks great and your enjoyment of it is more important than my opinion :)

Was just asking how people like their tuna cooked since most of the time I've eaten it in restaurants its been seared only and very rare and I've always cooked it that way.

Yeah, sorry. It was late when I wrote that and I don't want you to think I was saying you're doing it wrong - the way you cooked it looks great and your enjoyment of it is more important than my opinion :)

Was just asking how people like their tuna cooked since most of the time I've eaten it in restaurants its been seared only and very rare and I've always cooked it that way.

No need to be sorry about anything Stuart. You really need a big set to post anything on any forum. I find that posting just like texting, you don't really get the original intent sometimes of the poster or a text and it rubs you the wrong way because it is not an actual conversation. On this forum I don't get upset about anything because people do everything cookwise different from you or me. And that's where this place is great. I get set in my ways and somebody comes along and posts a great way to cook or do something and I sit and just go "Why didn't I think of that!".

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but 5-6 minutes a side at 500 seems like too long to me. I prefer my tuna rare, am I the only one?

No, me too. In fact I don't even bother with charcoal on a tuna cook cause it takes longer to prepare than to cook. Gas all the way with most fish cooks...........................d

Back