Leg Of Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick P.

TVWBB Super Fan
Okay folks,
I've got a small (4.5 lbs.) boneless leg of lamb for this weekend. I haven't found any good receipes yet or cook temp. or time. Any suggestions???
icon_rolleyes.gif

Nick P.

I'd say cook it at 325-350deg...aiming for a internal of 120-140 depending on how rare you want it. Should take 1 1/2 to 2 hours with a bone it. Now for rubs........here's what I have used before:

Ginger powder - 2 tsp
Cracked peppercorns - 2 tsp
Mild chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
White wine vinegar - 3 tbsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp

.......Good Q'ing

Nick,

If you have a kettle & rotisserie this recipe from Steven Raichlen is terrific. I rotisseried a leg of lamb this past Sunday & it was delicious.

I'll trade ya a chuck roll............oh wait......don't tell Bryon S I'm hocking a chuck roll for a Leg of Lamb LOL
icon_wink.gif

I will preface this by saying I LOVE garlic...lots of garlic especially with lamb. I think they go soooo good together.

I do legs of lamg usually on a rotisserie with a garlic herb rub so I'm not sure this iw the best advice for BBQ'ing a leg of lamb.

consider trying this herb rub that is wonderful on lamb

12 (or more) cloves of Garlic smashed
1 TBSP dried oregano (preferably greek)
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 TBSP dried thyme
2 TBSP Kosher salt
2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

Put all in blender or food proscessor and run until you have a paste

Smear the paste over the leg of lamb.

Let marinate overnight in paste.

Cook over indirect heat to doneness.

this is not low and slow (which can bring good results too0 but this is my favorite way to cook it

And Lamb loves me........send it to mmmmeeee.
icon_smile.gif

Haven't cooked one in years and certainly not on the WSM. Are there any suggestions on the temps, cook times, and I like mine fairly rare...like med-rare. What I posted earlier in the thread was just a suggestion based on my experience grilling it...would love to hear what you all think on BBQing it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.....mmm...pictures
icon_smile.gif
nuff said. Thx

Okay, rotisserie over the gasser wins this weekend. I'm going to use the rub mentioned earlier in this thread. Now how about a nice sauce for this little leg of lamb.
icon_confused.gif

Thanks
Nick

Nick.........don't forget PICs we need to see pics. That way I can show them to the wife...try to convince her to let me give a leg of lamb a shot next weekend.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back