Left it by the curb...abandoned

Willard

TVWBB Fan
I just drove by a Summit in good condition. I saw it, got out of my car and examined it but in the end, I did not pick it up. I'm always happy to pick up salvageable grills but at the same time, it pains me to leave them by the curb when I can't take them. I didn't take the Summit for the reasons others have noted, their weight and the very expensive parts that may be needed to restore.

I'm noticing that in New York, the best times to pick up grills are the beginning of spring and the end of summer. Another trick I learned is when a house is placed for sale, people often dump a whole bunch of things they don't want to move with and grills are very common.

I saw a listing for an old Summit earlier today that made me wonder - could I salvage the lid off one of the old four-burners with the vertical valve spindles? They apparently have a 17.5 x 23.75" cooking area, so I thought maybe the lid could transfer over to another grill with the same dimensions. It could be a way to at least get some use out of a broken-down grill.

I just drove by a Summit in good condition. I saw it, got out of my car and examined it but in the end, I did not pick it up. I'm always happy to pick up salvageable grills but at the same time, it pains me to leave them by the curb when I can't take them. I didn't take the Summit for the reasons others have noted, their weight and the very expensive parts that may be needed to restore.

I'm noticing that in New York, the best times to pick up grills are the beginning of spring and the end of summer. Another trick I learned is when a house is placed for sale, people often dump a whole bunch of things they don't want to move with and grills are very common.
I'm in NY as well and agree with just a bit of a twist. Year after year, I find that the end of summer grills are usually in better condition than the spring grills. I'm sure there's a reason...I'm equally sure I have no idea what that reason is.

I think spring and end of summer are best times to find rehab grills everywhere. Also, just after summer holiday weekends as well.

Grills and outdoor stuff usually don’t make the cut for the moving van. They don’t mix well with indoor furniture.

My favorite is moving must sell. The seller has given up any negotiation position.

Back