Late Mother's Day bbq...

Andre Ainokea

TVWBB Member
It's been a minute since I've posted. Decided to throw some lobster on the :ranchkettle: & some tri-tip on the :blueperformer:

For the lobster I wanted to make a lemon grass, garlic, Hawaiian sea salt infused butter; I think KerryGold butter is top notch!

The lobsters were on sale, BUT still pricey, thank goodness MD is once a year.

Tri-tip on the OTG. I've been using the igrill2 for a couple of months and though it didn't link up to my android phone, luckily my work Iphone came to the rescue. Pending the recall on the probes, i hope to get 2 more in the future.

Sorry about the crappy plated pic, however I ran out real plates & was too hungry for presentation.

Very beautiful, fit for a king. I've seen that butter at Costco, do you prefer it for lobster for its richness?

I've never used probes or thermometers, I didn't know there was a recall, wow, that could be a danger for pork.

These animals you prepared are wonderful. Is that sofrito or tomato based rice??

Very stunning plates, really, I love challenging cooks and this is very nice. I'd like to add this and oyster in the coming weeks. Did you use any wood or just hot coal?

Good job too, it's a nice pairing to see and not easy to do.

Very beautiful, fit for a king. I've seen that butter at Costco, do you prefer it for lobster for its richness?

I've never used probes or thermometers, I didn't know there was a recall, wow, that could be a danger for pork.

These animals you prepared are wonderful. Is that sofrito or tomato based rice??

Very stunning plates, really, I love challenging cooks and this is very nice. I'd like to add this and oyster in the coming weeks. Did you use any wood or just hot coal?

Good job too, it's a nice pairing to see and not easy to do.

A friend of mine introduced to me KerryGold butter when she made banana flambe & i've been using it ever since. As for the rice it's Guamanian red rice, which is basically achiote powder. Add some finadene sauce to the rice plus the mojo criollo marinaded tritip & the flavors just popped! As for the heating source I used coal.

What are you putting on the probes? Is that to insure they are getting the internal temp and not picking up the grill surface temp? I ask because I had and issue with this and wanted to know how to resolve it. Thanks and the cook looks great.

Back