Last week's escapades at the BBQ viking house...

Ulf Rasmussen

TVWBB Member
Hi guys!

I have a brand spanking new picture gallery up for you. Featuring some nice potato salad, homemade buns, sliders, pork butts, a ham, and the closest I could get to a brisket here in Oslo (which was maybe not so close, but very tasty indeed). A half-failed caveman t-bone is also part of the cast.

Enjoy, hope it gives you some inspiration and ideas...

http://bbqviking.com/2012/06/11/bbq-gallery-ii-2/

Looks great now. Very nice pics, and thank you for the idea with the cut "oksebryst".
i'll have to try that in my WSM.
icon_smile.gif

Hello fellow Norwegian! Thanks for the feedback. Yes, oksebryst was not bad. It was what we agreed upon after looking at the US meat charts with my butcher. I think however it would've been nice from a beef breed (this is from Norsk Rødt Fe, the trusted Norwegian dairy cow).

Let me know how it fares in the WSM, I did this on my kettle, which means higher temp and more unstable. Have fun!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Awesome! All looks great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed! Looks like you're having too much fun, imho. As a non-baker, I'm always so impressed by anyone that bakes on the grill. Don Cash manages it on a semi-regular basis too. Some day for me...

did not bake these on the grill i'm afraid, they go in the oven. i'm a non-baker too, i make these, pizza and the infamous ny times no-knead bread. that's it.

my wife does the baking in this house.. and that's all cupcakery, which i do not care for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morgan C.:
Ulf looks like you had quite the weekend! I bet u were in food heaven! Great pictures!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1!

Nice pics Ulf. Love your Website design.

You should be able to run your kettle in the 225-250 range quite easily and keep a stable temp. If your bottom damper doesn't seem to seal enough use some foil tape to block off 2 of the air holes completely and block off all but about 1/4" of the third one, I actually tape off the whole thing and then poke my index finger through it. Start it Minion method with 4-6 lit and adjust your top damper as required.

Back