Last Night's Fillet & Artichoke with Mushrooms

Rob C

TVWBB Member
We waited for the kids to go to bed then we decided to get cooking.. My wife brought home a couple of fillets, artichokes, and some mushrooms. Steamed the artichokes, she sauteed the mushrooms in a teriyaki and soy with butter concoction (my favorite), and I did a reverse sear on the fillets. They sat in the weber for about 20-30 minutes until 115 degrees and then a few minutes sear on each side over the coals. It was pretty late so I only snapped these two photos... Thanks for looking.

9306313348_e7e923438f_b.jpg

9303531033_5336c38a43_b.jpg

This is awesome. I was looking for a choke recipe earlier. I have never tried them. It's amazing how relaxed it gets when the kids head to bed. :)

Very nice looking steak Rob!!! Next time cut your artichokes in half and let them spend a little time on your grill indirect, they taste even better!

That's right: send them pikers to bed an' get cookin'. Late or not, 2 pics or not, it all looks good from here!

We waited for the kids to go to bed then we decided to get cooking.

It's a good thing that I'm not one of your kids, Rob --- I would have insisted on staying up past my bedtime to stuff my face with steak and ask for 2nd's. :D

The food looks fantastic. How did you cook the artichoke? When we have them, my wife puts them in a pressure cooker for a much shorter time and they come out great. Have never tried them on the grill. Will have to try that.

Hey Guys, the artichoke was steamed. Sorry to disappoint those who thought I may have grilled it. My general rule of thumb is about 45 minutes for artichokes to steam, until the outer leaves pull of without too much resistance. Thanks for all the compliments. I wasn't sure I would get the timing right on all of this but everything was done within 3 minutes of each other so I was thrilled.

It all looks delicious.

"everything was done within 3 minutes of each other "

That's great, I sometimes have troubles with my timing.

Back