Last minute fajitas!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Howdy folks!! Took out what I thought was chicken strips the other day to thaw in hopes for some grilled chicken salad.. Came home in a feisty mood and decided fajitas sounded better! After a quick ok from the boss I started in.. Wow actually pulled out thighs!! Nice surprise, threw together a quick marinade with oil, beer lemon juice, line and Ramey's carne asada seasoning(love this stuff). Sat soaking for about 30 while the rest of the cook came together! Started with this...
[IMG:top]
4f829f8b.jpg
[/IMG]
Thighs getting color!
56aafc6a.jpg
[/IMG]
Sweet onion and pepper in the lodge!
1ab9fc2d.jpg
[/IMG]
Peppers and onion!
9a34172d.jpg
[/IMG]
White corn tortillas..
e675c205.jpg
[/IMG]
And a plate with black beans, rice, sour cream and some shredded cheese!
6c548093.jpg
[/IMG]
Tell ya what.. Best chicken thighs I have had in a bit! I can't imagine if they actually had some time to soak!!

Have a great evening!!!

Terrific looking fajitas and pics Morgan!

My kids still tease me, years later, about my first attempt at pronouncing fajitas.
I said it just the way it looked to me, and I won't even go into my mangling of quesadillas
icon_rolleyes.gif

Everything looks great. I love fajitas. I just bought a cast iron griddle for my charcoal grill and made some fajitas on it last week. forgot to take pictures :-(

One suggestion though. I recently bought a Tortilla press and started making my own shells. Out of this world compared to the store bought IMO. Used a press and Mesa haring corn flour and didn't take long to make at all. something to think about in the future

Thanks again for the great replys! You guys are great!

Mike I am kind of embarrassed to say but many years ago ( many) I picked up a sears BBQ pro (sort of a mini offset) never grilled real great so I use the grates off of it on my performer when I want a sear!

Dennis I am with ya on the home made tortilla's! I have made them and yep ur right on the money! No comparing ...but I get lazy and buy white corn tortilla's quite a bit!

Thanks again!

Back