Large Countertop Microwave Oven Recommendations for 4Q22

I will have to look into this. Though many times in the master bath I don't bother with the fan for a shower since I am usually home alone so I just leave the door open. Since the house can usually use a little extra moisture anyway in the winter. In the summer I open the window and turn on the fan as well
we like the pre-set setting. we run an "on" as automatic 30 mins air movement. works well for us. the main guest BR is the same 30 mins as that room has no window. these panasonic units are rock solid. excellent build quality.

we like the pre-set setting. we run an "on" as automatic 30 mins air movement. works well for us. the main guest BR is the same 30 mins as that room has no window. these panasonic units are rock solid. excellent build quality.
Sure are. Not cheap. IIRC they cost me over $240 each! But, they're very quiet and move plenty of air. Especially good when my stinky grandson comes over :D

That is something by bathroom needs. Old house, never had one, not sure just how I’d install one but, after “ice out” in the spring, that might be a smart thing.
Fletch, I hate doing research too, that’s how I ended up with a WAY better Bosch dishwasher (oh, and spending a bucket of money on the peripheral plumbing) but, I really like I have talked to people that have ventured down this road and have taken some hits “for the team” so to speak.
I have never had any Panasonic equipment disasters. When I sold “door to door” Electrolux suck buckets, they were virtually impossible to beat! Very well thought out units!

i installed them with the Lutron timer switch. 30 mins of room clearing air. creates a safe environment for all. and no one forgets to shut the fan off when done.

I use the GE countdown timer switch for bathroom fans. You can preset the amount of time when it is turned on with the larger button, or push a smaller button for a different time duration. I think there is even a way to have it stay on without the timer.

1670886449303.png

How'd did a thread on microwaves turn into one on fart fans?:p
microwave > brands > panasonic specificaly > other worthy panasonic life altering products > automatically controlling your fart fan > what else does panasonic make that we must have in our lives?

microwave > brands > panasonic specificaly > other worthy panasonic life altering products > automatically controlling your fart fan > what else does panasonic make that we must have in our lives?
They make good commercial vacuum cleaners.

They used to make excellent solar panels. They might still.

We are on our third Panasonic MW, been with the brand for at least 20 years, a NN-SN661S (Feb 2015), 1.2 cf 1200W. This one has a keypad and it replaced the same model with a rotary dial, I liked it but the wife didn't. It does everything we need it to do and when it quits I will buy another. This one is NLA but I will find the model that replaced it with the same features.

1670889467670.png

Kind of a cool trick with the taters that Larry brought up earlier, gonna have to try that.

We are on our third Panasonic MW, been with the brand for at least 20 years, a NN-SN661S (Feb 2015), 1.2 cf 1200W. This one has a keypad and it replaced the same model with a rotary dial, I liked it but the wife didn't. It does everything we need it to do and when it quits I will buy another. This one is NLA but I will find the model that replaced it with the same features.

View attachment 63908

Kind of a cool trick with the taters that Larry brought up earlier, gonna have to try that.
It's the one I have but mine is 2 years older

I had to replace the one with the rotary dial...every time the door opened, it made a noise that sounded like, "I hate this stupid rotary dial". Other than that, it worked fine, they had 7 of them in the lunch room at work. I worked in the maintenance dept. so if there was ever a problem I would have heard about it. One thing about 7 microwaves, though...when there was more than 3 or 4 of them running all at once, it would take forever to heat things up. It never blew the breaker like you would think, just slow things down to a crawl.

Last edited:
OK, bathroom fan story time. All three of my bathrooms have an older Broan/Nu tone exhaust fan in them. Over the years two of them had the fan motor burn out and all three had old, yellowed grill covers. I was going to replace all of them until I realized a couple of things. They were all a now odd size and I wouldn't be able to replace them without additional drywall work (doable, but my least favorite thing to do around the house) to the ceilings. I took the grill off of the first one that burned out and noticed that it had a nice plug in fan motor so I decided to do some research. I found the sticker inside the fan housing with the model # and did some research. I found that replacement fan motors and grill covers were still available for these 30 year old fans! I have since easily repaired and renewed the appearance of all my bathroom fans. I will have to admit that the replacement motors aren't as quiet as the originals but work just fine otherwise and saved me a lot of extra time and money.

My house has lousy cheap commodity fans. At least a replacement motor is cheap.

View attachment 63913

Century Electric Motors C01575 Universal Bathroom Fan Replacement Electric Motor Kit with Fan, 120 volts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018A1H0JY/?tag=tvwb-20
I doubt the motors I bought were any better than one of those. I just don't know if I could have made one of those work without having the old one in my hands to compare. As it was, I had to slightly modify the Chinese replacement motors to make them fit and they were definitely more expensive.

Many are manufactured by midea. GE, Whirlpool, KA.
Most microwave ovens are made by midea with the same components and then sold under many different brand names. One of the few exceptions to this are the better units offered by Panasonic, which feature their inverter technology and are made in Japan

After many years of not liking the texture of food cooked in the microwave (hot spots, cold spots, dry spots and general bland flavor) I decided to make a change when I built my new home. I switched to a Milele steam/combi oven. I can reheat leftovers and they come out as moist as the first time around. The oven also broils, bakes and does convection in every mode. The steam oven reheats leftovers in a little longer time than the microwave did, but the longer wait seems so worthwhile after you take that first moist and warm bite. So, I have a gas oven in the range, one dedicated electric oven and the steam/combi oven. I could not be happier with my set up. Don't miss the microwave for a nano second.

Back