Lamb Chops for first time

Andy.Craig

TVWBB Fan
Bought a rack of lamb chops at Costco and split them into small chops. Seasoned with Carne Costa Oakridge rub and a little Chimichurri, seared a few minutes on each side until about 130 degrees. Wow, these were super easy and really tender!

Attachments

• 20201118_182741.jpg
    20201118_182741.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 20
Andy,
Those look prefect, and on your first try. First Bruno and now yours, yeah I am getting myself some lamb chops and going with Carne Costa over lump here very soon.

I’ve been very fond of doing a Union Square Café recipe for “Scotta Ditta”
Pretty easy and one of the only ways my wife will eat lamb.36448B60-CC67-4973-A610-6FBB9E2DFB9B.jpeg
With roasted broccoli and mushroom stuffed tortellini! I’m about ready for another round of that!

Andy,
Those look prefect, and on your first try. First Bruno and now yours, yeah I am getting myself some lamb chops and going with Carne Costa over lump here very soon.
Tim,
That plate looks so good, what piece(s) of lamb did you use and how do you prepare it?
It’s the Union Square Café version of “Scotta Ditta” let me do a little snooping and see if I can find it.
The cut is a “frenched” rack of lamb which you simply slice into individual chops.
Will edit if I can find it...try epicurious actually, I’m fairly sure they have that one. When I was in NYC I went there and had it simply to see if I was doing it right and mine was almost an exact re creation of the original! It’s not hard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, garlic, direct method. Make sure to allow the chops to marinate at least six hours (usually I go overnight)
This is another cook:
(Same rack, cut, different recipe)
CADCDCEB-5085-4465-96BF-6B9B20098FF9.jpeg8DB0F21C-C6F0-4F5D-A896-0887405D81BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Great first time cook on the lamb chops Andy, they looks delicious, a lot easier too cook than people think..

split them into small chops. seared a few minutes on each side until about 130 degrees.
Looks good. You might experiment next time and cook the rack whole. I do them indirect on the kettle with cherry wood until it hits about 125-35. Then slice the chops apart. Keeps the meat very tender.

One of our summertime favorites. Goes great with some tzatziki sauce and Greek style potatoes simmered in chicken broth and lemon juice.

Back