Labor Day Weekend, Who's Smokin?

I'm going to do 3 slabs of baby backs and a turkey breast, all smokin over apple wood. Plan on using something similar to the britu rub, basting a couple of times with natural apple juice, then finishing with some sauce. No foil.

i just picked up 4 butts for under $25(just shy of 30#). not sure iff i'm going to do them saturday or sunday night though as i'm not really having a cookout for laborday. these are mainly just for freezer stock.
icon_biggrin.gif

I plan on doing a high heat brisket for the first time. I've been talking about doing one for a while and I am finally going to take the plunge
icon_biggrin.gif

Weldon

The local Harris Teeter has Smithfield pork butts for 88 cents/lb., so I picked one up for the weekend. Haven't done one in awhile on my OTS (don't have a WSM yet!), and I just bought some fire bricks thanks to the great info I've picked up here on the site. Can't wait to fill the neighborhood with the smell of hickory smoke and pig!

Tomorrow, 6 slabs of BB's with a basic salt, pepper, garlic and onion rub. Anybody who doesn't like it can smoke his own ribs and use his own rub.
icon_biggrin.gif
Sauce on the side.
Sunday, grilled chicken. Monday, grilled pork loin. Tuesday and Wednesday are up in the air, but I know one thing, I'm not working until Thursday.
icon_smile.gif
Have a safe and tasty weekend all.

I'm firing up the smoker this Sunday for a few friends. I have a brisket and two pork shoulders I'm planning on smoking. Not sure what all we'll be eating with those yet, but I'm letting my friends worry about side dishes.

My last pork shoulder and brisket combination cook went really well, so hopefully this one does as well.

I'm doing two pork butts, and a Fattie on the WSM.

and will continue to eat as much fresh corn & tomatoes as humanly possible...while they are both still in season.

Wishing you all a great cook, and a safe weekend!!

Well this is gonna be my second smoke and I figure I'll get a trial for thanksgiving, so i'm going with turkey

Originally posted by J Graz:
Well this is gonna be my second smoke and I figure I'll get a trial for thanksgiving, so i'm going with turkey
There you go; thinking ahead.
icon_smile.gif
Turkey's good year around, not just Thanksgiving.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome to the board.

Bill

No bbqing, just a grilling weekend. Did Rib-eyes and lobster tails tonight for stepsons birthday meal, hamburgers and sausages tomorrow because I'll be pressed for time(going to drag races in evening), and doing a tri tip on Sunday. Have to work on Monday so no menu plans as of yet.

I'm dipping into Chris Lilly's new book for a family cookout. I'll be smoking a pork butt using his eight-time world championship recipe, along with Big Bob Gibson's Bar-B-Q chicken.

Simple myself, doing some chicken (legs & thighs for a bunch of international college students) Sunday and then a couple of meatloaf's Monday (dinner and leftovers) while I'm brewing some cream ale and hard cider.

I've got 6 packer briskets in the Ranch Kettle, and 6 butts on the WSM right now. Serving a church picnic of about 150 on Saturday.

Back