Kitchen knife replacement thoughts

Just a little suggestion...
When buying the knives, include a sharpener.
Noted.

Took some time with the Zwilling page last night.....there is lots to like there.
I will investigate some of the other options listed on this page thanks to everyone for your suggestions......

The other half......has her suggestions...........they are not the same as my suggestions, even down the the block itself.
I am ready to spend a fair chunk of change on this.......she is not....then she says " you are gonna do what you want anyways "
Wish me luck.....not sure what kind of battle I need to get myself into....:unsure::cautious:

Noted.

Took some time with the Zwilling page last night.....there is lots to like there.
I will investigate some of the other options listed on this page thanks to everyone for your suggestions......

The other half......has her suggestions...........they are not the same as my suggestions, even down the the block itself.
I am ready to spend a fair chunk of change on this.......she is not....then she says " you are gonna do what you want anyways "
Wish me luck.....not sure what kind of battle I need to get myself into....:unsure::cautious:
No block. Drawer. I ditched the block which is a dust collector and for me, lacked enough storage anyway.

No block. Drawer. I ditched the block which is a dust collector and for me, lacked enough storage anyway.

I continued looking at the magnetic type of block....looks like a space saver and would allow me to buy just the knives I was interested in rather than say a set of 11 or whatever.......might be a more costly approach which she doesn't like and she also doean't want the knives visable on the counter........
Should I ask her to do all the cooking then and things can be her way?????
I am bad at decision making..........:sneaky:

Zwilling Professional S has been my knives for 32 years now. Replaced a few knives under warranty last year, posted here, without any issues.

I also own a few Wusthoff German knives. Buy quality knives once and you’re set for life.

A whet stone is my sharpener. I use the steel for straightening frequently so the teeth are in alignment.

I’d avoid the cheap ones. They just won’t last the rest of time.
There have been a couple of good threads on knife brands. Most of my personal experience is with Wusthof and I've got a set that's close to 30 years old.

I use my 8 inch chef the most, so much that I bought a second.
Getting some looks in at these Wusthof knives...these are beautiful pieces.
More money than the Zwilling....but I would say you get what you pay for most of the time.

Very informative without any BS.....he does a good job.....in the end they seem so similar...almost. TY
Yea, I agree. My overall collection is ProS Zwilling with some Wusthof that I received as gifts. I like the balance and feel of the ProS. And now that I’ve had them forever, they’re just an extension of my hand when using them. And the lifetime warranty is for real.

With either one you’ll be happy. It’s just about how it feel to you when working the knives.

Back