Kingsfors Competition vs. Blue bag?

Dave Atwater

TVWBB Fan
Tried doing a search but didn't come up with much, but I am sure it has been discussed many times. What is the difference between the two, and what do most prefer?

Dave

Tried doing a search but didn't come up with much, but I am sure it has been discussed many times. What is the difference between the two, and what do most prefer?

Dave

I use the blue bag more often due to the sales they have. I have tried the comp briquettes but for me and what I use it for I didn't see much of a difference.

Thanks Ray; I also found that interesting.

I am like Tony in that for how I use it, I find KBB to be just fine. Also I rarely see the Comp on sale; it's always at Costco but I tend to stock up on briquettes at Memorial Day and other times. I DO have a couple bags of the Comp briquettes and will use them though when I'm looking for shorter, high heat cooks.

I am not yet like Tony with his great cooking though! :)

I very much enjoy KComp. And boy did my eyes light up last weekend when I walked into my local Meijer and saw they had it on sale for 25% off. I assume they were trying to get rid of their stock. Helped out and picked up three 15 pound bags. :)

Dave I use both but Blue is definitely the one I use the most.....with price being a motivator. I will often mix the two when I want higher temps. I've also found the Comp does not last as long as the Blue. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Understand I usually pick up the Comp on sale, (>$10.00 for two bags), when Costco offers it at the end of the season. Last year I purchased 34 bags. I use the Comp only for grilling. For smoking I use either lump or Blue. Regarding taste, I don't have a preference. If you're looking for a "little" more temperature, Comp is the way to go. If not, save your money.

Back