Kingsford Lump, thumbs down

Lou Tarnay

TVWBB Fan
I saw this for the first time at Fred Meyers yesterday. I took a bag home and made burgers on the kettle. It resembles cowboy lump more than anything else. It has a lot of milled pieces in it. It is light weight stuff. It even had some lumps of carbonized bark! It did fine for the burgers, and I'm sure you could sizzle a good steak with it, but I would NOT use it for a long duration smoke.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lou Tarnay:
I saw this for the first time at Fred Meyers yesterday. I took a bag home and made burgers on the kettle. It resembles cowboy lump more than anything else. It has a lot of milled pieces in it. It is light weight stuff. It even had some lumps of carbonized bark! It did fine for the burgers, and I'm sure you could sizzle a good steak with it, but I would NOT use it for a long duration smoke.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep! I used it several weeks ago for the first time. It's not dense at all and it didn't last all that long in the WSM. It's ok and a notch above Cowboy but @$7.95 a 10 lb bag I think I'll pass.

Back