Kingsford Competition

Howard B.

TVWBB Member
Now that the summer is over Costco is no longer carrying it. Anyone have an alternative store as I don't like the idea of going back to lump for the winter? I live on the East coast, near Philly.

Thanks,
Howard

Home depot's all around me sell it. not too far from you so yours should sell also.
I just bought 2 bags to try it out soon. What's your opinion of it? Do you like better than blue bag. I can't stand the smell of blue bag. Lump around here is limited to cowboy only and that almost as bad.

Summer ain't over yet Howie!
KingsComp is avail in this area (Metro-Milwaukee) more than Blue... think everyone is buying up the Blue to stow for the winter... The on-line 6 bucks off coupon doesn't work for the KingsComp...
have about 16 bags of Blue left and 3 Comps....

Sorry, just a little late in responding but I am really having difficulty finding competition charcoal and I refuse to go back to the blue bag, just too much ash. I bought two 12 lb bags from Home Depot but now they changed to the blue bag. I even tried to get some Royal Oak lump charcoal as a temporary substitute but the one store that carried the U.S.A made version no longer does. I'm trying Pathmark tomorrow, as Kingsford's website has them as a supplier but I just can't image the price. Never knew this would be an issue otherwise I would have loaded up the 2 pack from Costco for $16.50. Bummer.....

BTW - I live about 40 miles north of Philly, but work in south Jersey so I have a large area to drive, if I could only find it.

Howard

Yeah, I'm a bit addicted to the Comp briquettes myself -- a bit expensive, but a good "value", as they say. Home Depot in Butler, NJ, Route 23 has them. I better ask if they stock through the winter; I don't keep a large home supply...

I too prefer K-comp over the blue bag. At least in the horizontal smoker that I currently have. When 'Santa' brings my WSM, i'll start off with the Blue Bag to see how it works.

I can report that Costco in Germantown TN has K Comp packaged as 2 16+ lb bags for approximately $16.

Back