Kettle Pizza kit on sale!

I like this idea and I would buy one if I thought the price was reasonable.

This is a ring made of a stamped piece of metal, 4 screws, and two wood dowels. It has to cost about $20 to make one. It's a great idea, but it's not worth $150, or even $120 after discount. It needs to be priced WELL under $100 to be reasonable.

I'd bet this guy is selling dozens of these and making a hundred$ of profit on each one. I think if he knocked the price in half, he could sell millions, and ultimately make much more money.

The ring is made of 20 ga. stainless steel, in all fairness. The metal alone (would measure about 8" x 70") to make the ring retails for around $55. It's doubtful that an operation that small gets much better than retail pricing on metal. And that doesn't even include costs of hardware, manufacturing, and operations. I get that you don't think it's worth the money, but it's probably not fair to characterize the company as having so much price flexibility.

If I were their founder, I would consider other materials. Though I'm not sure how possible that would be -- with how hot they show the grill at the front, it has to be blistering heat at the fuel source, which limits the available options. Fact is, 570 square inches of stainless sheet just isn't cheap.

I think that they are being cut with a laser also raises the price. That's just my guess.

I had one, worked good. It is a real good add on for pizza making.

I like my Blackstone pizza oven much better. The price is higher though.

Well, I bit on the valentine hook and ordered mine. I'm excited to try it out! I'm curious as to the various techniques to use with it!

Found a better deal on the deluxe kit - Crate & Barrel sells the Deluxe kit (with the stone and alum peel) for $219. Its currently on sale for $199.95 plus free shipping. I then purchased a 10% off coupon for Crate & Barrel coupon from ebay for $3.45. The ebay seller send me the code within 5 mins and sure enough got an additional 10% off the $199.95 to make it $179.96 . Ended up being $196.16 with tax. Add to that the $3.45 for the coupon and I'm out the door just under $200 :) The free shipping made this a much better deal than ordering from Kettle Pizza with the VALENTINE 20% off coupon....even beat Amazon since they are $204 shipped plus tax ($223).

Found a better deal on the deluxe kit - Crate & Barrel sells the Deluxe kit (with the stone and alum peel) for $219. Its currently on sale for $199.95 plus free shipping. I then purchased a 10% off coupon for Crate & Barrel coupon from ebay for $3.45. The ebay seller send me the code within 5 mins and sure enough got an additional 10% off the $199.95 to make it $179.96 . Ended up being $196.16 with tax. Add to that the $3.45 for the coupon and I'm out the door just under $200 :) The free shipping made this a much better deal than ordering from Kettle Pizza with the VALENTINE 20% off coupon....even beat Amazon since they are $204 shipped plus tax ($223).

Figure it was worth giving it a try since Crate & Barrel has a 90 day return policy and I have a store within 5 miles of my house if I decide I don't like it and can return without having to fork out return shipping costs.

I just received a 10% off coupon to Crate & Barrel valid thru 2/24. If anyone is interested in having it to pick up the Kettle Pizza Deluxe PM me and I'll send you the coupon code so you have use it online. See my post above.

Back