kettle/butterball

Glenn Fleming

TVWBB Fan
sup folks??

well gonna be a different turkey day usually i get a natrual turkey and do the JD maple brine, but do to a few factors i wont be having thanksgiving at my house..kinda sad, so i was at publix yesterday and they had butterballs for a dollar a pound, grabbed a 10lber and may do it on the kettle sunday.. that Tang/ dryrub thing looks interesting, but harry says not too us this type of turkey, so may just butter it and go, still have some peach chunks from fruitawood..oh well hope everybody has a great day and take care...

glenn in SC

A 10lber is pretty small so you should be alright but still check that the turkey doesn't cover your top vent when you put it on your grill. You don't want any unexpected surprises when you start cooking that thing.

the SYO dry brine where he coats the bird with tang... lets it sit for a few minutes then adds rub and in the fridge for 2 days.. then on the smoker, but he says only with natrual turkeys.. looks interesting ..glenn in SC

I love Harry, don't get me wrong. But Tang and that artificial orange color? I don't know...I guess I should keep an open mind. :)

I love Harry, don't get me wrong. But Tang and that artificial orange color? I don't know...I guess I should keep an open mind. :)
gozzi-turkey-5.jpg

Back