Kettle built, first cook tonight

Looking good guys, would love to have a Rossiter for my performer, seers are over rated for me, rather have flavor over carbon lol

Last edited:
Recommend SlowN Sear filled with a full Weber Large Chimney of lit Kingsford Blue Bag Briquets and add a few pieces of unlit lump charcoal on top which should give you a temperature reading on the Weber Lid Temperature Gage of around 450F for at least one(1) hour. As for preparing the wings; I discard the wing tip and cut the other part in half which general gives me around thirty-six(36) pieces which generally reach a temperature reading of around 170F in around forty-five(45) Minutes. Nice Cook as it appears that you really enjoyed your trial-run with that new Weber Cooker and SlowNSear.

My Weber Performer Deluxe is fitted with a SlowNSear(SNS) Plus, SS SNS DripNGriddle Pan, SS SNS Elevated Grate,SS SNS Mini Drip Pan and the SS SNS Easy Spin Grate. To date I remain one-happy SNS Customer. I also have the Medium and Small Size Vortex(s) which are also excellent Weber Accessories. I recently added to my BBQ Arsenal a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit which will have it's trial run today.
How did the cajun bandit work out for you? Was it a rotisserie and a conversion kit?

How did the cajun bandit work out for you? Was it a rotisserie and a conversion kit?
Yesterday I Posted some photos of my first Cajun Bandit(CB) Rotisserie Adventure under the
Thread "Rotisserie Newbie" under the Weber Accessories Heading Below and it went A-OK. The "One Grill" Battery Operated Rotisserie Motor functioned "muy bien" and that SS CB Rotisserie Ring is a great piece of work.

Last edited:
Darryl, let me know your thoughts on the sear grate... I haven't bought it because i figured I can just throw something right over the SNS when I want to sear OR just use the sear station on my gas grill which hits like 800-1000 and usually sears a steak in 1 minute.
I am used to a well seared steak. Usually the meat doesn't make it off the heat, just sear n serve as I like to have it red in the middle. The old 129 to 135 degrees or so is a perfect temp for very rare.....very red in the middle and very dark on the outside....is it called Chicago??? I'm not sure but it tastes good. I cook a good amount of steaks so I will use the SNS and the sear grate and I will fill you in on the grate, maybe pics too, it cooks fast.

I also have been watching a few videos on this reverse sear technique with steaks, It does look really good but most seem to come out medium at best. I use this technique on my Traeger with a sirloin tip roast usually about 4lb roasts.....as low as i can smoke it, its usually about 190 for around 1.25 hours or until it hits about 110 degrees. On that but the way this kettle soaks up the smoke, I'm sure less time at 225 will do just as fine. Then I hit it as hot as I can for around 5 minutes per side, I'm actually just going for the look or the right colour at this point, time doesn't matter so the hotter the better. Cover it up let it rest a bit, comes out pink to almost red, very tasty and the juiciest thing you will cook. I find these roast for usually about $8 per pound in Ontario at regular butcher shop prices. Makes unbelievable sandwiches for work on Monday, take your bun separate lol unless you like blood soaked bread.

I was going to use the sear grate with the vortex for some high searing, and use the grate for putting wood on when I do my vortex wings.....I have a few dozen more sitting around I got on the weekend so they will be soon. I may try half of them next cook with that corn starch method I seen you tried and said it was crispy.

Yesterday I Posted some photos of my first Cajun Bandit(CB) Rotisserie Adventure under the
Thread "Rotisserie Newbie" under the Weber Accessories Heading Below and it went A-OK. The "One Grill" Battery Operated Rotisserie Motor functioned "muy bien" and that SS CB Rotisserie Ring is a great piece of work.
Good to hear, I seen Amazon had the Weber option and a cheaper " offshore maybe " option at like half the price.....I didn't know Cajun bandit was an option......have we had reviews on the other 2 options? Cheap offshore $117 ones or the Weber option? I am in the market of course.

Good to hear, I seen Amazon had the Weber option and a cheaper " offshore maybe " option at like half the price.....I didn't know Cajun bandit was an option......have we had reviews on the other 2 options? Cheap offshore $117 ones or the Weber option? I am in the market of course.
Also, In my Experience; the Cajun Bandit(CB) and One Grill Customer Service are both Excellent! Oh, I bought my Rotisserie Kit when they had a 10% Promotion Discount around the last 4th of July. They should have another Promotion Discount around Thanksgiving and Christmas Day(s). I keep tabs on their Facebook and also SlowNSear Facebook and Cajunbandit.com which generally Post the Cajun Bandit Promotion Days. As I recall, with the discount I paid around $155 for the Battery Rotisserie Motor Kit.
Why I decided on the CB Rotisserie Kit over the Weber one is the CB Stainless Steel Rotisserie Ring which is one great piece of work.

Last edited:
Also, In my Experience; the Cajun Bandit(CB) and One Grill Customer Service are both Excellent! Oh, I bought my Rotisserie Kit when they had a 10% Promotion Discount around the last 4th of July. They should have another Promotion Discount around Thanksgiving and Christmas Day(s). I keep tabs on their Facebook and also SlowNSear Facebook and Cajunbandit.com which generally Post the Cajun Bandit Promotion Days. As I recall, with the discount I paid around $155 for the Battery Rotisserie Motor Kit.
Why I decided on the CB Rotisserie Kit over the Weber one is the CB Stainless Steel Rotisserie Ring which is one great piece of work.
If you see it go on sale don't be shy to let me know, I am interested but I have to try a few other methods first. I want to try spatchcock and see where I am at that point, I know when it spins it does come out juicy so we will see. I am also located in Canada so some of these accessories I have a hard time getting.

If you see it go on sale don't be shy to let me know, I am interested but I have to try a few other methods first. I want to try spatchcock and see where I am at that point, I know when it spins it does come out juicy so we will see. I am also located in Canada so some of these accessories I have a hard time getting.
Darryl: Ok, but I am communicating with you from the Country of Costa Rica and for the last few months I have been really enjoying Canadian "Moosehead" Beer. Oh, on the price I paid for the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit I need to add another $100 for shipping and Costa Rican Customs Tax. So, It totaled out around $275.00.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 7
Moose head, it's newfie beer lol. East coast beer but they make it all over now. I just dropped about $850 plus Canadian taxes on all my stuff so I need to just be a little more patient. I want the SNS drip pan and rack combo too but also going to wait on it.

Back