KC Chiefs - Are They Better Now?

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
I know there are some other Chiefs fans on the forum, and other "football fans" that might have opinions here so just asking, are the Chiefs better now? Defense held up well vs a Raiders team that is capable of scoring a lot of points, and created a couple of turnovers. The Chiefs special teams did have a turn over, but the Offense didn't. Mahomes got the ball out pretty quickly on most plays, and kept the risky passes to a minimum, completing 11 passes to his running back which is a new thing (normally he doesn't throw to running backs more than 3 to 5 times a game). Kelce looked like his old self. It seemed like the Chiefs were running off of a different offensive play book, and overall just playing better. I'm cautiously optimistic, but we have a HOT Cowboy's team coming into arrowhead on the 21st.....

Are the Chiefs back? Do they have a chance at beating the Cowboys? What do you think?

Huge Chiefs fan here John, and I certainly hope last night was not a 'flash in the pan'. Mahomes had good protection and that made a big difference. Also, a lot less penalties on both sides of the ball so they have been working on that. If they can win big against the Cowboys, then they are back. Otherwise, it will be a long by-week. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

They played better in the last game than the last several, but let’s not let that go to our heads. I am a life long Chiefs fan and cautiously optimistic we keep the improved play going. I think the current line (Chiefs by 2) is pretty accurate knowing the Chiefs fans will be very loud and the game may come down to a last second field goal.

The defense has been trending well and tonight even demonstrated capability in competing with a good offense. They were able to play a lot of man, limit the running game and put incredible pressure in the backfield!

Overall, it still feels to me the Chiefs offense has been "figured out". This does not engender a great deal of confidence... It's not good to see Mahommes taking sacks and under pressure. Also, it would have been nice to see Williams getting some more targets out of the backfield. Remember all the talking about how great the KC screens were post game?

The defense has been trending well and tonight even demonstrated capability in competing with a good offense. They were able to play a lot of man, limit the running game and put incredible pressure in the backfield!

Overall, it still feels to me the Chiefs offense has been "figured out". This does not engender a great deal of confidence... It's not good to see Mahommes taking sacks and under pressure. Also, it would have been nice to see Williams getting some more targets out of the backfield. Remember all the talking about how great the KC screens were post game?
Same here; Mahomes did not play up to his potential tonight. Although once a gain, the INT was not his fault. After D Williams had all those receptions last week I was surprised to see they didn't target RB's in the passing game more tonight. I think the main highlight of the game was CHRIS JONES getting thru the O-line and getting pressure on the QB and stopping the run game. He was in beast mode today!!

I don't know about you guys but I got pretty frustrated with Joe and Troy practically rooting for the Cowboys, all the way up until the 4th quarter when it started looking like the Chiefs would win. I was just about ready to turn the sound off.....

Back