KBB 20lb twin packs on sale @ Lowes

That doesn't seem like very much of a sale. Less than $20.00 normal price for that. Over 40 cents per pound..........surely there will be a much better sale here soon. Saw Wally World had literally hundreds of twin packs of the 16 odd pound bags rolling in. I need 5 or 6 hundred pounds. Hope there is a big sale soon.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

If I were running out of KBB and needed a twin pack to tie me over until the Memorial Day sales start in 3 weeks, I'd pick one up. Since I have 4 twin packs in the garage I'll wait 3 weeks and see what sale prices are then...

That doesn't seem like very much of a sale.
Remember, for anyone that's curious, we have a historical record of K sale prices going back several years:

Historical Kingsford Original Charcoal Price List

Last year, the Memorial Day price at Lowe's and Home Depot was $12.88 for 40 lbs. The current $16.88 for 40 lbs is the Spring Black Friday price and is $2 higher than last years' Spring Black Friday price of $14.88.

I think the days of $9.88 for 37.2 lbs (Lowe's and HD) or $7.88 for 30 lbs (Walmart) are long gone. But who knows, maybe Walmart will surprise us with a super deal for 2020. :kingsford:🥳🤩

Last edited:
Remember, for anyone that's curious, we have a historical record of K sale prices going back several years:

Last year, the Memorial Day price at Lowe's and Home Depot was $12.88 for 40 lbs. The current $16.88 for 40 lbs is the Spring Black Friday price and is $2 higher than last years' Spring Black Friday price of $14.88.

I think the days of $9.88 for 37.2 lbs (Lowe's and HD) or $7.88 for 30 lbs (Walmart) are long gone. But who knows, maybe Walmart will surprise us with a super deal for 2020. :kingsford:🥳🤩
Thanks Chris. I wasn't aware that data was available. "Get Kingsford" is now on my Memorial Day list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Chris for your input. I did check the historical prices before I posted. Also, my wife is a WM associate, so we get 10% off purchases. She said that they are loading pallets full of twin packs getting ready for Memorial Day. What the price tag is, she isn't sure of yet. We are hoping for something in the .30 per pound range. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't. Time will tell. Thanks again, what a great website for information on everything grilling...!

Back