Kamodo Extruded Coconut shipment share, NYC metro

jeff davidson

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi Folks,

Id like to share a shipment of Kamodo extruded coconut with folks in the nyc metro area. I live in northern westchester. I won`t be delivering, so you`ll need to drive over. I am not looking to make any money from this transaction.

Each box weight 18 lbs and costs $8. The more we ship, the less shipping costs. 60 boxes seems to be the optimum price point at a price of $6/box for shipping. 111 boxes moves the shipping point to $5.05/box.

The shipping costs are approximate but its the best kamodo could give me right now.

Let me know if you are interested.

I'm definitely interested. So, if between the group we were able to get around 60 boxes, then the total cost would be $14 per box, is that right? Still a little steep, but I really want to try it out.

Feel free to post back here or in email (on my profile).

- Adam

Adam,

Yes, that`s correct. If you read the reviews on the kamado website, it seems to last longer, so I`m not sure if its really more expensive.

regards,
jd

Jeff... I'm sure that is correct, when compared to other lump. I've been using kingsford, so costs are super low currently.

Konrad - I've been looking over at the forum on kamado.com... I haven't seen anything but positive reviews. Anything specifically you are aware of?

Jeff - are you still serious about this? With all the recent revelations around Kingsford change of formula... I'm more interested in this than before. Let me know...

so how much would that be per box? Something's happened this week that may impair my ability to fork out dough for something like this. argh.

feel free to send me an email at the address on my profile if that is easier for you.

- Adam

Jeff,

Depending on where you are in Westchester and when you're thinking about doing this, I might be interested (my folks are up near Chappaqua). Probably no more than 10 boxes or so (I only have so much room in the car, plus the Wife might have something to say about the $ amount).

Hi Guys,

I'd love to get in on this. I figure I could fit about 10 boxes in the car.

I'd rather go in for 20 boxes and make two trips if thats ok though.

Let me know the details when its all sorted out.

Thanks,

Norm

And given that, I'm sure I could fit more into the Forester. The real issue is justifying the $ to The Wife.

But that's good info, Jerry.

A wise man once said "Tis easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" I expect a full report on how Kamodo works in our WSMs

Cost justification
KECC = $12/box (pallet)

1 box = 2 24 hour (at least) cooks
2 24 hour cooks = 1.5-2 bags kingsford (at least)
1 bag kingsford = $6 (OK, maybe $4 if multipack)

For at most, $2 more, you're getting loooooong cooking times, only have to check water pan every 4-5 hours(not an issue if using sand).

Getting in on a pallet was a great investment for me. With a fully loaded WSM (2 butts over brisket), easily did 22 hours with a 1/4 ring of unlit left.

This stuff is freakin' sweet.

Jay - thanks for the cost breakdown. Although, I do get about 2 20 hour cooks for each bag of kinsgford.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to some. How have you like your KECC, in terms of ease of use, flavor, etc.? What I'm most interested in is the minimal ash that is produced. Hallelujah. That's worth it for me in and of itself

Jeff - if you want to email around some instructions or post on this site? I can't do a big shipment, but I can do 10 boxes. So, if I do 10, Art does 10 and Norm does 20, then that is 40 boxes right there. Not sure how many you are interested in taking yourself. Let me/us know. But looks like we've got critical mass. And I'm a little flexible on quantity...

I'm down for 20 boxes.

If we need a few more i'll contact a couple of friends of mine. They are (very) casual smokers so I wouldn't expect more than another 10 boxes or so, but that might help.

Anyone have suggestions on storing this stuff. I have a basement but it gets a little damp down there during the summer.

Norman - damp from humidity or damp from ground water? If the latter, then raising it on a pallet or on some metal shelving would work. Damp from humidity... Aside from moving it to another location, I can't think of anything else than a dehumidifier... That said, I don't imagine your basement would be SO humid that it would affect the charcoal that much. Just my two cents...

Norm,

I have stored mine in my garage and never had a lighting issue. In the box and then in the plastic bag it comes wrapped in I think it's pretty impervious to moisture.

Anyway, just my experience, garage should be fine.

Guys,

I live in croton-on-hudson. I have exposed my email address in my public profile. Please send me an email with the number of boxes you want.

I`d like to place the order next week as I was told they sell out very quickly.

regards,
jd

Back