Kamado S6 snap jet issue

Paul Warner

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi all
The gas igniter on my S6 is playing up (since new) takes several attempts to spark. rather annoying, does anyone
else have (had) this problem? Thanks

If you use a hand lighter, does it work? Trying to isolate if it’s a gas or spark issue. I think the instructions say to slowly turn the knob when you try to ignite. I’m guessing that’s so there’s sufficient fuel around the igniter when it sparks. Have you tried slowly turning the knob? I think I was turning it too fast at first.

They need cleaning often....too often for my liking - so I actually rarely use it any more. But when I was, I just found I gave it a good cleaning and fired right back up again.

If you use a hand lighter, does it work? Trying to isolate if it’s a gas or spark issue. I think the instructions say to slowly turn the knob when you try to ignite. I’m guessing that’s so there’s sufficient fuel around the igniter when it sparks. Have you tried slowly turning the knob? I think I was turning it too fast at first.
Rick, yes when i use hand lighter it is fine. Seems to struggle to spark

This is for the Performer but it may help with your S6 just the same:

Thanks, tried again this morning and although it didn't fire up first time a slower approach yielded better results. There was me thinking that "snap" implied rapid but apparently not!! I believe the system could work better and i want it to work tbh because as a feature it is a plus for me. That aside, the Kamado is fantastic so far.

Hi, do you mean the tube?

As per the user manual....

Quick Cleaning the Burner Tube

The burner tube should be periodically checked for blockage and quickly cleaned. Directions for a more thorough cleaning can be found in the ANNUAL MAINTENANCE section.

You will need: A chenille pipe cleaner and a clean stainless steel bristle grill brush. Do not use a brush that has already been used to clean the cooking grates.

1. Insert the pipe cleaner through the end of the burner tube (C). Be careful not to damage the igniter electrode.
2. Insert the pipe cleaner through the burner slots (D).
3. Brush the outside of the burner tube with a stainless steel bristle brush.

1641330162364.png

As per the user manual....

Quick Cleaning the Burner Tube

The burner tube should be periodically checked for blockage and quickly cleaned. Directions for a more thorough cleaning can be found in the ANNUAL MAINTENANCE section.

You will need: A chenille pipe cleaner and a clean stainless steel bristle grill brush. Do not use a brush that has already been used to clean the cooking grates.

1. Insert the pipe cleaner through the end of the burner tube (C). Be careful not to damage the igniter electrode.
2. Insert the pipe cleaner through the burner slots (D).
3. Brush the outside of the burner tube with a stainless steel bristle brush.

View attachment 42829
Perfect, thank you!

Back