Kamado joetisserie for WSK?

JohnTak

TVWBB Pro
Does anyone know for sure if a Big Joetisserie will fit a WSK? I have Googled this and one guy said the bottom lip that fits inside the ceramic kamado needs to be removed another guy said he just set it on his WSK and it was fine. The Amazon product info says it is made to fit 24" kamados.

@Shane - glitchy modded his to fit and discussed it here.

So looking at the picture of the bottom of the Joetisserie ring, the lower lip is little too long to fit the WSK. Simply grinding it down till it fits solves the problem. Thanks for the input.

From what I understand the hinge on the Joe has the ability to move up and down to accommodate the rotisserie.
The E6 does not and therefore a permanent fix is to make the rear side lower to accommodate the lid in it's current position.
It is only what I read and seen in pictures.....I wouldn't quote me on the fact that it actually works.

There is a further discussion of the mod here:

EDIT: went back to re-read and found this:

"This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join."

Last edited:
As much as I love watching any kind of meat spin and self baste in it's own juices, I realized I have no room to store the food entertainment. :ROFLMAO:

So a new video popped on You Tube, Smoking Dad BBQ test fits accessories on the WSK. The Joetisserie fits and works unmodified but looks wonky in that it does not drop all of the way down in the back due to the lip. The lid closes and he said it seals.

So a new video popped on You Tube, Smoking Dad BBQ test fits accessories on the WSK. The Joetisserie fits and works unmodified but looks wonky in that it does not drop all of the way down in the back due to the lip. The lid closes and he said it seals.
Link?

For the record, I was able to test out a big Joe rotisserie on my WSC for fitment, and no dice.

The lid won’t close without some trimming on the back inner lip.

Also the front lip sits flush with the rotisserie ring, so not too well insulated in my opinion.

Just reporting what I see.

As much as a rotisserie interests me I'm still on the fence on this one. It looks too wonky for me to risk the $ and I don't want to modify.

He does the dumbest reviews on the WSK, IMO. All those extras he tried to fit into the WSK are not needed. Roto? Sure. Some people here are seeking a WSK roto. But all the indirect, direct and coal bank devices are just not needed.

Of course, if you want to be separated from your hard earned cash, buy what he shows.

To any WSK owner or prospective owner, the WSK doesn’t need any add ons sans a pizza steel or stone.

I’ll check this out- it might be possible the the WSC and/or Summit grilling center has a different hinge than what’s shown in the video.

The fitment in the front was a concern for me, since I know my way around metal cutting tools and could easily trim the back lip.

The WSK is a very versatile cooker on its own. Most accessories just take up space and use money that can be used for other things. Some people love add ons and accessories so do what you like.(y) I have to agree with Brett on this.;)

Back